Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Millrise Seniors Village / Millrise Place (MLSV)
||Administration [Administrative Coordinators][Receptionists]
||Full Time Regular
||An employee in this function is required to provide excellent customer service to the public and residents. Ensure coordination and effective operation of the reception department. To assist the management team with administrative support and other duties as required.
||• Answers incoming telephone calls and make proper connections to persons and/or departments requested.
• Provides information and general assistance to the public over the phone and at reception area.
• Performs reception duties in an efficient, professional, and courteous manner.
• Operates common office appliances (personal computers, phone, fax, printers, photocopy machine, etc.)
• Responds to questions regarding departmental policies, procedures, and practices.
• Provides training and guidance to part-time and casual receptionists.
• Coordinates office activities and schedules, develops and recommends office procedures and systems, and ensures smooth office operations.
• Receives, sorts, and distributes incoming mail.
• Distributes morning newspapers to residents.
• Monitors office supplies and maintains designated levels.
• Arranges meetings and schedules appointments, receives visitors and calls for information requests, directing caller or relaying information to the appropriate parties.
• Coordinates and administers reception schedule.
• Administers nursing schedule.
• Coordinates and tracks nursing call outs, sick calls, and cancelled shifts.
• Provides monthly reports.
• Types and word-processes various documents and electronic information.
• Able to make up files and file away documents.
• Reviews and answers any correspondence.
• Creates reports using spreadsheets on excel.
• Organizes and updates any forms.
• Communicates and provides information by relevant methods internally and externally to assist and enable smooth running of the administrative department.
• Performs related work as required.
||• Excellent interpersonal proficiency and superior written, oral, and listening communication abilities.
• Proper English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
• Exemplary customer satisfaction skills, including dealing effectively with the public, elected officials and city staff, both in person and over the telephone.
• Business correspondence formatting.
• Knowledge of the functions of departments served and of staff locations.
• Ability to perform routine administrative support duties.
• Ability to perform duties calmly and efficiently and provide factual information and assistance to the public.
• Ability to provide training and guidance to relief operators as required.
• Well organized with the ability to set priorities accordingly.
• Creative and innovative techniques for performing assignments.
• Must have high attention to detail.
• Must also be flexible as some evening and weekend work may be required.
• Ability to work independent as well as part of a Team and develop consensus.
• Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by an Administrative Management Diploma or Certificate.
• Previous experience as a receptionist as asset.
• Experience in providing high level of customer service.
• Experience in a multi-line switchboard.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
• Proven general office and administrative skills required.