ADMINISTRATION AND COMMUNICATION
• Establishes and communicates goals/objectives for all service providers that are aligned with organizational goals and provide for efficient delivery of quality resident services and excellence in Customer Service
• Maintains a safe and productive working environment for all service team members; establishes and monitors emergency training procedures for the facility.
• Responsible for overall financial management to achieve budgeted performance; ensures procedures are followed to monitor financial control of all facility operations.
• Knowledgeable on all contracted services within the facility, monitoring service outcomes against standards set out in the service contract agreement/guidelines.
• Delegates responsibility and authority appropriately when working with contract service providers and their management teams; monitoring departmental activities to assure departments work together to achieve desired service level outcomes.
• Establishes effective communication and feedback processes across all departments facilitating timely and efficient problem solving and collaborative improvement initiatives.
• Establishes social programs that enhance relationships between residents, service team providers, families, the facility and the community.
• Through consultation with contracted nursing services, obtains and coordinates consultant services (i.e. dental, speech and hearing, pharmacist, OT, PT, mental health, etc.) to meet assessed needs of residents.
• Responsible for maintenance and protection of the buildings and grounds, equipment, and fixtures to ensure efficient and safe operation.
• Actively promotes the facility through local organizations and associations, maintaining a positive rapport with professional contacts, local funding and regulatory agencies and other health organizations.
• Works with Sales Associate to promote facilities Private Pay beds and suites. Facilitates efficient and expedient admission of appropriate new residents once identified by Sales and marketing coordinator.
• Evaluates work procedures and policies to assure compliance with all municipal, provincial and federal regulations and to meet standards of quality resident service delivery.
• Responds appropriately to customer feedback received from residents and family members regarding any aspect of care or service.
• Establishes service team appreciation programs that highlight teamwork, initiative, and excellence in service/care delivery.
HUMAN RESOURCE LEADERSHIP
• The General Manager is directly responsible for all aspects of Human Resource leadership for all direct facility employees including: >Proactively assesses and plans for hiring needs
>Leads on all aspects of selection, promotion, supervision, and performance >management of team members.
>Identifies learning needs and coordinates training and orientation accordingly
>Oversees staffing schedules and creates working schedules as needed
• Recommends annual compensation adjustments.
• In order to provide quality resident services the General Manager is responsible for ongoing monitoring and evaluation of the service contractors provider’s policies and procedures for:
>Effective communication and problem solving among service team workers
>Employee morale and general employment practices
>Performance feedback processes >Training and education >Disciplinary procedures
>Staffing and scheduling
ASSISTED LIVING SERVICES
• Ensures quality resident services through planning, implementation, and evaluation of Hospitality services to maintain maximum resident independence and health potential including: social services, dining services, recreation.
• Provides direct leadership and support to the Sales Associate in achieving occupancy goals.
RESIDENT CARE SERVICES
• Ensures quality resident care through the implementation of company policies and programs that support resident safety, dignity and well-being.
• Assists in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of nursing and direct personal care services including: nursing and interdisciplinary services, dining and dietary services, medical services; environmental services and satisfaction surveys
• Oversees all aspects of the wait list management.
• Ensures proper maintenance of all resident records.
• Oversees all programs related to risk management and quality assurance.
• Ensures environmental services, laundry, and food services meet company standards, and facilitate resident safety, dignity and comfort.
• In collaboration with the VP, Operations, promotes new initiatives in food services and evaluates satisfaction through company surveys.
• Maintains documentation and keeps relevant records to track use of supplies and ensures planning to use supplies effectively.