Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Head Office (HO)
||Business Professionals [Finance][Human Resources][Acquistions][Marketing]
||Full Time Regular
||The System Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration,
operation and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. The SA participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. The SA ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, volunteers, and Partners.
The SA will assist project teams with technical issues in the Initiation and Planning phases of our standard Project Management Methodology. These activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions.
The SA is accountable for the following systems: Windows systems that support the Retirement Concepts infrastructure; VMware, Windows and Application systems that support the hotel and development arms of the company. Responsibilities on these systems include SA engineering and provisioning, operations and support, maintenance and research and development to ensure continual innovation.
||System Administration Engineering and Provisioning
1. Engineering of SA-related solutions for various project and operational needs.
2. Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
3. Install and configure systems such as supports Retirement Concepts infrastructure
4. Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
5. Contribute to and maintain system standards.
6. Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
Operations and Support
1. Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
2. Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
3. Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
4. Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
5. Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
6. Provide Tier II/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
7. Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
1. Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
2. Upgrade and configure system software that supports Retirement Concepts infrastructure
3. Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
4. Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
5. Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
6. Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
||1. VMWare, both virtualized server and VMware view desktop environments
2. Microsoft Hyper-V
3. MCSE, or very strong Microsoft background preferred
4. SharePoint administration and Programming (nice to have)
5. Meraki support and deployment
6. Four to six years system administration experience.
1. Decision making
2. Highly developed communication skills (written & oral)
3. Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.
4. Some travel required.