The Network Engineer has responsibilities for the design, deployment, maintenance, monitoring and on-going support of/for the Networking Infrastructure, including; Firewalls, Routers, Switches, VPN’s, Remote Access & Connectivity as well as all associated Management Platforms. In addition, the Network Engineer will maintain documentation, policies and security standards as required.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
1. Windows Systems administration including Windows Server, SQL Server, Exchange Server, SharePoint Server.
2. SAN Administration including dedicated HA iSCSI Network and Replication.
3. Virtual Infrastructure Administration including both VMware and Hyper-V Environments.
4. Backup Administration.
5. Desktop Support Incident Resolution.
6. Install all new hardware, systems, and software for networks.
7. Install, configure, maintain network services, equipment and devices.
8. Supports administration of servers and server clusters.
9. Manages all system back-up and restore protocol.
10. Plans and supports network and computing infrastructure.
11. Perform troubleshooting analysis of servers, workstations and associated systems.
12. Documents network problems and resolution for future reference.
13. Monitors system performance and implements performance tuning.
14. Manage user accounts, permissions, email, anti-virus, anti-spam.
15. Oversee software and network security.
16. Research, design and implementation of network-related Technology initiatives such as: a. Intrusion detection systems b. Server load balancing c. Security best practices / audits d. Disaster recovery scenarios e. Fault management systems f. Application performance / load testing
17. Other related tasks, as required.