Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Assistant Director of Care
||Kamloops Seniors Village
||Full Time Regular
||A developmental managerial position responsible to the Director of Care, the Assistant Director of Care is accountable for directing care staff to maintain high quality resident care. Central responsibilities include the assessment of nursing care, collaborative planning and implementation of programs to meet resident needs, and the coordination of ongoing care education at the facility. An ability to communicate effectively with staff, residents and their families is essential. The Assistant Director of Care acts as a professional role model for all staff.
||1. Participates with the management team in defining goals of for resident care.
2. Participates in hiring, disciplining and terminating staff to as a learning objective.
3. Recruits and hires qualified nursing staff in consultation with the General Manager and Director of Care. Arranges orientation of new staff to their responsibilities.
4. Assists in arranging in-service and educational sessions to provide for increased learning and skill development.
5. Provides direction and support to staff in their daily physical, psychological and social care of residents.
6. Evaluates staff performance and makes recommendations for improvement where indicated.
7. Meets with nursing staff at regular intervals and encourages their participation in assessment, planning and evaluation of resident care and other activities to fulfill department goals.
8. Disciplines and terminates staff, following facility policies and procedures, in collaboration with the DOC/GM and Corporate HR.
9. Collaborates in the coordination of admissions and discharge of residents with all stakeholders.
10. Coordinates resident care with families, other departments, other care services and agencies. Liaises with physicians, community agency representatives, families, visitors and volunteers.
11. Maintains a safe environment for clients/family unit and staff, through:
(a) accident prevention,
(b) knowledge of emergency procedures and regulations,
(c) using skills, physical facilities, supplies and equipment safely and appropriately, and
(d) utilizing infection control procedures.
12. Maintains and audits programs related to risk management (e.g. Infection Control, Medication Safety Committee, Medical Advisory Committee, Staff Safety Committee). Monitors all resident care indicators through the Care Management software program
13. Monitors adherence to all applicable legislation and regulations.
14. Maintains an up to date knowledge of facility policies and procedures and communicates all new/ revised policies to staff.
15. Ensures equipment and supplies are stored and maintained as per policy and procedures. Reports unsafe or faulty equipment to GM and/or DOC.
16. Maintains paper and electronic documents as per established standards, regulations, policies and procedures, ensuring confidentiality is maintained as per policy.
17. Encourages and adheres to a holistic philosophy of wellness, recognizing that each individual is capable of, to varying degrees; making decisions about his/her life and is a partner in the decision making.
18. Acts on behalf of the Director of Care in the absence of the Director of Care.
||1. Current registration with the CRNBC, a degree in nursing and progressive nursing experience and
education, in which leadership and administrative skills have been demonstrated.
2. Minimum of three years work experience in geriatrics.
3. OR a suitable combination of education and experience.