Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||Server/Dietary Aide (Casual)
||Renfrew Care Centre (RCC)
||Facility Support Services [Dietary Aides / Servers][Cooks / Chefs][Support Service Workers][Maintenance]
||Under the direction of the Manager or designate provides all aspects of service in the dining room, resident lounges and room service for residents, guests and the public. Participates in food preparation and the maintenance of a safe, sanitary workplace.
||• Responsible for all aspects of service in the dining room, lounges and tray delivery to and pick up from suites. Service includes lunch and dinner, teas, special events and room service etc. through table/tray presentation; delivery and pick up of trays from resident suites; preparation and service of food, beverages and accompaniments.
• Assist with the preparation and presentation of food under the direction of cook or designate.
• Carries out general cleaning duties and routines, including clean up and setting of tables and the cleaning of the preparation and service areas; scrapes and stacks/racks dishes and when required returns them to storage.
• Practices and maintains established standards for proper cleanliness and sanitation required by the Health Department and The Wellesley.
• Establishes and maintains an atmosphere conducive to pleasant dining by creating an environment which maintains the happiness, self-respect, general dignity and physical safety of each resident.
• Promotes and maintains positive communication and relationships among staff, residents and the public.
• From time to time and in unusual circumstances the employee may be asked to perform other related duties.
||• Grade 10 or equivalent
• “Food Safe” Certificate
• “Serving it Right” Certificate
• First Aid Certificate
• Two years experience in formal dining room service
• Exercise excellent communication skills by demonstrating tact, diplomacy, empathy, patience and concern in providing quality service
• A good command of the English language, both oral and written skills
• Ability to take direction and learn procedures
• Ability to work independently and/or as a member of a team