Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||Support Services Manager
||Summerland Seniors Village
||Facility Support Services
||Full Time Regular
||Reporting directly to the facility General Manager, as a member of the facility leadership team the Support Services Manager is accountable for all aspects of the day to day delivery of Food, Housekeeping and Laundry services in accordance with established regulations and corporate standards and expectations.
The Support Services Manager provides oversight, supervision, and constructive direction to assigned staff and acts as a professional role model while representing the Support Services departments.
||Supported by the site General Manager and the Corporate Hospitality Support Services Manager:
1. Participates in the development of and ensures compliance with Corporate and site specific standard operating policies, procedures and other operational foundations required in the provision of Food Services, housekeeping and laundry services.
2. Participates in the management of assigned budgets.
3. Participates in the development of operational plans and goals for each department consistent with the facility / organization’s mission and strategic plan.
4. Gathers and tracks performance indicators and other surveys accurately; analyze and report to the management team as required.
5. Develops action plans in consultation with General Manager, Corporate Hospitality Support Services Manager and other corporate resources.
6. Performs and /or delegates ordering, receiving and related procurement tasks ensuring compliant application of procedures and polices.
7. Establishes and maintains inventory supply levels utilizing methods that minimize spoilage, loss and waste.
8. Hires, disciplines, recommends and / or participates in the termination of staff according to established HR polices and procedures.
9. Coordinates Support Services orientation for new employees utilizing established programs and checklists
10. Coordinates Food Services, HSPK and LNDY related in-services and annual educational opportunities for staff.
11. Evaluates staff work performance & recommends strategies for improvements as necessary.
12. Plans and delivers seasonal menus that are compliant with all related regulations, fit the residents nutritional and therapeutic needs, and meets the facility and resident’s expectations.
13. Develops and / or adjusts standardized recipes to ensure consistent high quality production outcomes including quality, nutritional & texture requirements, quantity, portion sizes, and resident satisfaction.
14. Plans, directs and supervises the preparation and service of high quality food utilizing standardized operating procedures, industry standards, and related internal and external policies.
15. Coordinates regular department meetings and participates in facility based meetings such as site leadership, OH & S, and others as required.
16. Works with other facility departments in the planning & delivery of special events / meals and programs as required.
17. Plans, directs and implements contingency plans in response to emergencies and / or challenges to or interruptions in services.
18. Other related duties as required
||1. Graduation from a recognized program in Nutrition and Food Services Management.
2. Member in good standing or eligibility for membership in the Canadian Society of Nutrition Management and/or Registered Dietician preferred.
3. Food Safe Level 1 mandatory; Level 2 an asset
4. A minimum of two years Support Services (Food Services / HSPK & LNDY) supervisory experience in a geriatric residential setting including direct experience managing staff.
5. Experience managing unionized staff an asset.
Additional Skills & Abilities:
1. High standards for customer service, food safety, physical space & environmental cleanliness.
2. Solid understanding of infection control protocol
3. Professional appearance, and good physical health
4. Demonstrated effective planning, time management and organizational skills
5. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
6. Ability to operate related kitchen, housekeeping & laundry equipment
7. Excellent written and oral English skills
8. Solid working knowledge of related office equipment and Windows based software including Word, Excel and Outlook.
9. Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time.
10. Ability to establish harmonious relationships with staff, residents, families, volunteers and visitors of the facility.