Want to work in an exciting environment with some of the most talented people in Canada? Join our team to connect with your potential.
Port Metro Vancouver is Canada’s largest and most diversified port. Stretching along 600 kilometres of shoreline, the Port borders 16 municipalities and one treaty First Nation, and intersects the traditional territorities of several First Nations. The Port plays a vital role in importing and exporting products our communities use everyday, annually trading $172 billion in goods with more than 160 trading economies.
The Project Manager, Infrastructure Delivery will be responsible to:
· Develop, manage and report on assigned Infrastructure Delivery projects. Anticipated assignments may include multi-disciplinary projects related to port infrastructure development such as the expansion of port facilities, the construction of roadway and railway network components, and the construction of environmental habitat projects.
· Manage the project design consultants and contractors including the selection process. Manage contract preparation and negotiation, execution, and final acceptance of deliverables.
· Provide leadership to projects and effectively manage consultants and contractors to ensure projects are developed on time, within budget and meet project objectives and scope.
· Maintain the Port’s reputation in all matters concerning the projects. Interface with all areas involved with the projects including the relevant communities and stakeholder, Port tenants, funding partners, consultants, contractors, external agencies and all levels government.
· Ensure the development, approval, monitoring and communication of project documentation including project charters, overall management plans, and appropriate change management documentation and control.
· Identify and manage risks and issues that arise from projects.
· Escalate issues as required to ensure prompt resolution. Conduct lessons learned process and prepare post project close out report.
Must have excellent leadership qualities and management skills. Must possess excellent communication and public speaking skills to effectively interface with all levels of business, government and the public to represent PMV as a dynamic organization prepared to seize opportunities for PMV as a world-class port. Must also demonstrate effective decision-making, planning and initiative, while fostering the development of all of these competencies in PMV’s emerging leaders.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Degree in engineering or equivalent degree and a minimum of 10 years post graduate experience, including up to 5 years of experience in managing the design and construction of capital infrastructure projects. Experience in extensive public consultation is preferred. Professional Engineer and or PMP Certification, or equivalent, are required. Experience in managing multi-disciplinary (civil, geotechnical, electrical, structural, environmental) teams is considered a key asset for this role. Additionally, a strong background in all aspects of construction, including tender document preparation, contract management and claim resolution, is required.
PMV offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including an Earned Time Off program.
(Please note that this posting will remain active until the position is filled.)
Port Metro Vancouver is dedicated to employment equity and a workplace reflective of the diversity of our community.