BE PART OF THE TEAM THAT
BRINGS THE WORLD TOGETHER.
Career Opportunity: Manager, Cruise Services
(up to one year term)
Want to work in an exciting environment with some of the most talented people in Canada? Join our team and connect with your potential.
Port Metro Vancouver (“PMV”) is Canada’s largest and most diversified port, stretching along 600 kilometres of shoreline and waterways and bordering on 16 municipalities. PMV leads the efficient and reliable movement of cargo and passengers, annually trading $172 billion in goods with more than 160 trading economies.
Reporting to the Director, Land Operations the Manager, Cruise Services is responsible for managing PMV cruise customer relationships, overseeing PMV’s cruise operations and improvement processes for Port Metro Vancouver in the cruise sector. This position is also responsible for collaboratively managing Land Operations department resources in support of the overall efforts of the department. The individual must possess a strong understanding of the cruise business, operations and a demonstrated focus in customer service in a multifaceted Port. You will:
- Oversee the cruise operations and overall cruise service delivery for PMV to ensure operational efficiency, world-class service standards and effective use of the facility, working in close collaboration with terminal operator and internal and external stakeholders and customers.
- Oversee the implementation and monitoring of the Cruise Ship Services and Terminal Management Agreement, ensuring adequate and ongoing follow-up with the contractor on financial and operational performance.
- In collaboration with Trade Development, Real Estate and Communications & Government Affairs, oversee the development of systems and processes to manage customer and stakeholder relationships in the cruise sector.
- Represent PMV in negotiations, at cruise industry conferences and associations, and in the media as required, ensuring clear communication of the business strategy and key messages, and the presentation of a positive and professional image of the business.
- Participate in supply chain and operational improvement initiatives as appropriate.
- Lead and participate in industry / stakeholder committees as required and develop and deliver presentations to a wide range of customers and stakeholders.
- Participate in the development of departmental plans and be responsible for the development and implementation of activities and programs designed to meet the intention of specific strategic priorities.
- Participate as a member of various management and inter-departmental teams in the planning, implementation and management of business initiatives.
- Plan, implement and review departmental staffing requirements for areas of responsibility, including the determination of clear position descriptions, accountabilities and reporting arrangements to optimize service delivery to all stakeholders. Liaise with Human Resources to ensure the effective selection, training and performance management of staff.
- Represent PMV in negotiations, at conferences and conventions, and in the media as required, ensuring clear communication of the business strategy and key messages, and the presentation of a positive and professional image of the business.
- Participate in the planning and the review of departmental operating costs, particularly with regard to staffing requirements, overheads, consultancy services, planned business programs and service provision.
- Provide an active and positive leadership example within the wider Port community, clearly communicating PMV’s strategy and key elements of PMV’s business plan, ensuring PMV’s ability to deliver improvements through influence as well as direct control.
- Perform other duties as required.
As the ideal candidate you have a university degree in Business Administration or another appropriate university degree in related field. A minimum of 5 years of related experience in the fields of transportation, port terminal management, cruise operations management, or an acceptable combination of education and experience is required. An understanding of the interface between port, cruise lines, terminal operations, transportation and supply chain logistics is preferred as well as background working with other cultures that are important to Port Metro Vancouver’s customer relationships. Must have an excellent command of the English language, and oral and written competency in another relevant language is an asset. Computer literacy is required.
Normal office environment with requirement of travel up to 10%.
PMV offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including an Earned Time Off program.
If we have accurately captured your profile above, please forward a resume and cover letter, in confidence, by November 15, 2013 to:
(Please note that this posting will remain active until the position is filled.)