||Facilities Engineering Coordinator (up to 3 year term)
BE PART OF THE TEAM THAT
BRINGS THE WORLD TOGETHER.
Career Opportunity: FACILITIES ENGINEERING COORDINATOR (Up to 3 year term)
Want to work in an exciting environment with some of the most talented people in Canada? Join our team and connect with your potential.
Port Metro Vancouver (“PMV”) is Canada’s largest and most diversified port, stretching along 600 kilometres of shoreline and waterways and bordering on 16 municipalities. PMV leads the efficient and reliable movement of cargo and passengers, annually trading $172 billion in goods with more than 160 trading economies.
Reporting to the Manager, Facilities Operations the Facilities Engineering Coordinator is responsible for monitoring, operating, maintaining and repairing Canada Place building mechanical systems and maintaining and repair on-site of contracted tenant equipment. You will:
- Monitor and operate the Central Plant through interface with the computerized energy management system, to meet continually varying load requirements on a 24/7 basis.
- Conduct routine inspection/testing work including: diesel generator tests, elevator inspections, sprinkler systems checks, lighting rounds and common utility equipment inspection.
- Carry out preventative and predictive maintenance tasks and update maintenance records.
- Perform repairs to motors and pumps and replace valves, mechanical seals and bearings.
- Coordinate and monitor contractor work in the Central Plant, ensuring standards are met.
- Respond to emergencies, trouble calls, and work action requests on a 24-hour basis, and resolve or provide advice on resolution.
- Collect and record plant efficiency, system trending and tenant utility utilization data.
- Provide Facilities Operations Coordinator relief as required.
- Perform other duties as required.
The work requires demonstrated maturity, thoroughness and reliability, and the ability to carry out the physical demands of the work (a requirement to lift, carry, push/pull objects weighing more than 20 lbs). Also required are: the ability to work independently in accordance with standard practices, policies and precedents, respond effectively to workplace emergency situations, establish and maintain effective work relationships and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with co-workers, contractors, tenants, and the public.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Certification in B.C. as a 4th Class Power Engineer and relevant safety, security, technical and operational skills training are required. Relevant security, technical and operational skills training and certifications along with 2 years’ building operation experience as a 4th Class Power Engineer.
The position has continual exposure to noise and moderate exposure to odours,dust or fumes. Requirement to work at heights and in confined spaces at times. Shift work providing 24/7 coverage is required.
PMV offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including an Earned Time Off program.
If we have accurately captured your profile above, please forward a resume and cover letter, in confidence, by November 29, 2013 to:
(Please note that this posting will remain active until the position is filled.)
Port Metro Vancouver is dedicated to employment equity and a workplace reflective of the diversity of our community.