Want to work in an exciting environment with some of the most talented people in Canada? Join our team to connect with your potential.
Port Metro Vancouver is Canada’s largest and most diversified port. Stretching along 600 kilometres of shoreline, the Port borders 16 municipalities and one treaty First Nation, and intersects the traditional territorities of several First Nations. The Port plays a vital role in importing and exporting products our communities use everyday, annually trading $75 billion in goods with more than 160 trading economies.
Position: Manager, Security
The Manager, Security is responsible for providing assistance to the Director, Operations and Security in fulfilling PMV’s responsibilities as described in the Marine Transportation Security Act and the International Ship & Port Facilities Security (ISPS) Code. AS the successful candidate you will be responsible for the following:
- Providing leadership and guidance to the PMV security team and managing contract security services.
- Working with the cruise terminal operator to address security related matters, including matters related to terminal security plans and issuance of terminal passes.
- Protecting corporate assets; the investigation, reporting and follow-up of related incidents.
- Liaising with terminal operators and port users on port security requirements as required.
- Representing PMV in negotiations, at conferences and conventions, and in the media as required, ensuring clear communication of the business strategy and key messages, and the presentation of a positive and professional image of the business.
- Participating in the development of departmental plans and the implementation of activities and programs designed to meet the intention of specific strategic priorities.
As the successful candidate you have excellent leadership qualities and management skills. You possess excellent communication skills to effectively represent PMV as a dynamic organization prepared to seize the opportunities it has as a world-class port. You have a strong customer service orientation while managing a breadth of responsibilities and consistently demonstrate effective decision-making, planning and initiative, while fostering the development of all of these competencies in PMV’s emerging leaders.
You possess a university degree along with a minimum of 5 years of related experience at a management level, or an acceptable combination of education and experience. A Certified Protection Professional Certificate would be an asset.
If you feel you are this individual and would be interested in this opportunity, I invite you to apply by forwarding your confidential resume and cover letter by September 21, 2012.
(Please note that this posting will remain active until the position is filled.)
Port Metro Vancouver is dedicated to employment equity and a workplace reflective of the diversity of our community.