BE PART OF THE TEAM THAT
BRINGS THE WORLD TOGETHER.
Career Opportunity: FINANCIAL ANALYST
Want to work in an exciting environment with some of the most talented people in Canada? Join our team and connect with your potential.
Port Metro Vancouver (“PMV”) is Canada’s largest and most diversified port, stretching along 600 kilometres of shoreline and waterways and bordering on 16 municipalities. PMV leads the efficient and reliable movement of cargo and passengers, annually trading $75 billion in goods with more than 160 trading economies.
Reporting to the Manager of Finance, the Financial Analyst will be responsible for the delivery of financial services, including financial analysis of projects, programs, and pricing decisions, with financial analysis and cash management as a primary focus of this position. Specifically, you will:
- Prepare project justifications by liaising with internal departments to prepare revenue forecasts and cost estimates for new operating or capital programs. Prepare APV/NPV/IRR analysis for project teams, departments, and management. Compare historical and forecast financial performance of ongoing programs to original APV/NPV/IRR analysis, PMV’s cost of capital, and other performance indicators as directed.
- Maintain, update, and improve upon PMV’s various financial models. Update models as needed to forecast the impact of changes in operations and agreements on corporate financial performance, key performance indicators, etc. Prepare ad-hoc reports using model databases to assist departments with property lease, project analysis, and other financial decisions.
- Provide analytical support for negotiating long-term loans, equipment and real estate leases, and other forms of short and long term financing.
- Control daily cheque issues and deposits. Download daily chequing transaction reports from bank and corporate databases and conduct daily bank reconciliations. Liaise with bank representatives to resolve discrepancies, maintain existing arrangements, and initiate new services. Forecast daily cash receipts and disbursements from ongoing operations including lease and tariff revenues, outside services, works contracts, and property transactions.
- Coordinate and structure PMV’s investment portfolio and/or debt program to optimize returns on investment and/or minimize borrowing costs and interest rate risk.
- Administer PMV’s security deposit accounts and control securities held for labour and materials and performance bonds required for construction and service contracts.
As the ideal candidate, you have a Bachelor’s degree specializing in Finance or equivalent, along with at least two years of related experience in financial analysis and cash management. You possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills. You are a customer oriented individual who is committed to continuous improvement. Advanced proficiency in office software applications, including MS Excel, round out your qualifications. CFA designation would be considered an asset.
PMV offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including an Earned Time Off program.
If we have accurately captured your profile above, please apply on-line by February 15, 2013.
Port Metro Vancouver is dedicated to employment equity and a workplace reflective of the diversity of our community.