||Trade Areas Coordinator (2 Year Term)
BE PART OF THE TEAM THAT BRINGS THE WORLD TOGETHER
Career Opportunity: Trade Areas Coordinator (2 year term)
Want to work in an exciting environment with some of the most talented people in Canada? Join our team to connect with your potential.
Port Metro Vancouver is Canada’s largest and most diversified port. Stretching along 600 kilometres of shoreline, the Port borders 16 municipalities and one treaty First Nation, and intersects the traditional territories of several First Nations. The Port plays a vital role in importing and exporting products our communities use every day, annually trading $75 billion in goods with more than 160 trading economies.
Reporting to the Manager, Trade Areas in this newly created position you will be responsible for providing coordination of Trade Areas activities and initiatives specifically you will:
- Write briefing papers, business cases, submissions, reports and presentations to facilitate the approval of projects.
- Coordinate the planning, execution, monitoring, reporting, and closing of various projects.
- Facilitate the meaningful sharing of information and data between the project teams.
- Update budgets, provide status reports, and liaise with all project resources. Track open action items, issues and risks and ensure timely resolution.
- Upon project delivery completion, coordinate the closing of project activities, including contracts final acceptance, and budget closure.
- Coordinate the post project review and publish the lessons learned.
- As assigned, coordinate VFPA led stakeholder committee meetings.
Your colleagues describe you as self-motivated, with excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills, including tact and diplomacy. You are known for being a team player with a "customer service" focus. You are organized, flexible, an expert with Microsoft Office, and at a minimum familiar with Microsoft Project.
A degree Civil Engineering or another acceptable degree from a recognized institution, along with a minimum of 1 year related experience in planning and project coordination round out your qualifications for this position. A Project Management Professional Certification and Port operational experience would be considered assets.
PMV offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including an Earned Time Off program.
(Please note that this posting will remain active until the position is filled.)
Port Metro Vancouver is dedicated to employment equity and a workplace reflective of the diversity of our community.