BE PART OF THE TEAM THAT
BRINGS THE WORLD TOGETHER.
Employment Opportunity: GIS/CAD Technician (Term up to Dec. 31, 2014)
Want to work in an exciting environment with some of the most talented people in Canada? Join our team and connect with your potential.
Port Metro Vancouver (“PMV”) is Canada’s largest and most diversified port, stretching along 600 kilometres of shoreline and waterways and bordering on 16 municipalities. PMV leads the efficient and reliable movement of cargo and passengers, annually trading $172 billion in goods with more than 160 trading economies.
Our Engineering Team is seeking a skilled GIS/CAD Technician to provide a variety of services related to planning, construction and maintenance of infrastructure, including computerized drafting, GIS, LIS, records maintenance, plotting, scanning and research. In this role, you will:
· Prepare, collect and input data for various PMV systems, including GIS, LIS and Engineering Department Document Index (EDDI).
· Responsible for the regular updating and reconciliation of land inventories in GIS, including regular site inspections in support of Fraser River water lot utility value reports.
· Prepare a wide variety of plans, including preliminary design, tender, site, as-built, lease, licence, orthophoto and display plans from a wide variety of source material. Revise PMV mapping as required.
· Modify data files received from others to meet PMV digital storage requirements and ensure that as-built drawings of all facilities and structures built on PMV property are received and recorded.
· Carry out research related to historical records.
· Assist with the organization and maintenance of electronic and hard copy drawings and records related to Port infrastructure and assets as required.
· Assist with site surveys, dredging volume calculations and measurements as required.
As the ideal candidate, you have a technical diploma along with a minimum of 2 years of related civil engineering drafting using AutoCAD (preferably AutoCAD Map 3D). Knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS software is a plus. You are a customer-oriented individual who enjoys working in a team environment. Your positive attitude, flexibility and strong work ethic will be valued in this role.
Port Metro Vancouver offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including an Earned Time Off program.
Port Metro Vancouver is dedicated to employment equity and a workplace reflective of the diversity of our community.