BE PART OF THE TEAM THAT
BRINGS THE WORLD TOGETHER.
Employment Opportunity: Experience & Event Coordinator (1 year term)
Want to work in an exciting environment with some of the most talented people in Canada? Join our team and connect with your potential.
Port Metro Vancouver (“PMV”) is Canada’s largest and most diversified port, stretching along 600 kilometres of shoreline and waterways and bordering on 16 municipalities. PMV leads the efficient and reliable movement of cargo and passengers, annually trading $75 billion in goods with more than 160 trading economies.
The Events & Experience Coordinator supports the Port’s long-term business plan and related initiatives by coordinating and assisting in the implementation of onsite and offsite community events and experiences. This includes working with the corporate team to build awareness for the brand, coordinate and implement experience/events and assist with partnership and business development.
In particular, this position will:
Offsite and Onsite Community Events
· Coordinate offsite and onsite community events. Assist in event creation and implementation, exhibit coordination, and in the post event process.
· Coordinate suppliers, contractors, volunteers and staff in accordance with event plans.
· Provide support in the coordination of site logistics and onsite direction. Assist in site inspections as required.
· Create annual plan for “Going National” program.
· Assist in sourcing contacts, including community event, filming, experiential marketing partners, and exhibitors to develop relationships, create proposals and pitch ideas.
· Maintain CRM for customer management and act as the primary contact for Canada Place related events.
· Ensure a positive guest experience and communicate corporate messages as the primary operational contact for the Welcome Centre. Liaise with and coordinate activities with contractor.
- Maintain a high level of understanding of the PMV mission, vision and values and their relevance and integration with Divisional initiatives. Promote the integration of information and initiatives.
· Update the text files for Canada's Storyboard, the ticker and the parkade board.
· Provide support for the corporate and event websites.
As the ideal candidate, you have a diploma in communications or marketing along with a minimum of 1.5 years experience in event planning or public relations. You are a self-motivated individual with excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
PMV offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including an Earned Time Off program.
Port Metro Vancouver is dedicated to employment equity and a workplace reflective of the diversity of our community.