||Systems Analyst - Databases
BE PART OF THE TEAM THAT
BRINGS THE WORLD TOGETHER.
Career Opportunity: SYSTEM ANALYST - DATABASES
Want to work in an exciting environment with some of the most talented people in Canada? Join our team to connect with your potential.
Port Metro Vancouver is Canada’s largest and most diversified port. Stretching along 600 kilometres of shoreline, the Port borders 16 municipalities and one treaty First Nation, and intersects the traditional territorities of several First Nations. The Port plays a vital role in importing and exporting products our communities use everyday, annually trading $75 billion in goods with more than 160 trading economies.
Reporting to the Manager, Information Systems and Data, the System Analyst – Databases is responsible for the maintenance and administration of PMV databases. Provides assistance/guidance with the development and deployment of PMV’s database environment. This includes relevant coding, tuning, archiving and documentation. As required assists with data migration and the implementation of new databases. In this role you will:
Maintenance & Support
- Maintains and supports assigned PMV database management systems. Support includes identifying, testing and implementing database fixes and enhancements, maintaining data dictionaries, data models and physical databases, and other relevant systems documentation.
- Develops and administers the database environment and the preparation of system documentation. Assists with data migration and the implementation of new databases.
- As assigned, assists with disaster recovery planning and procedures.
- As required, assists with special exams, audits and bench marking studies.
- As required, assists with the communication of relevant policies and procedures.
Planning & Development
- Identifies opportunities to improve use of existing data sources and new opportunities for solutions that support PMV to achieve its business goals.
- Designs and recommends technical architectural changes to improve performance and utilization of PMV’s technical resources. This would include segregation or consolidation of database instances and logs to improve the effective management of the environment.
- Working with other team members, recommends infrastructure improvements such as network, server and disk systems changes and upgrades.
- As assigned, assists with research, prototype demonstrations.
You will have excellent organizational skills with the flexibility to perform multiple tasks and meet deadlines are required. Proven diagnostic, problem solving and team skills are essential, along with an excellent "customer service" approach. The individual must be self-motivated with an excellent command of the English language, both oral and written, along with the ability to communicate both technically and non-technically, as appropriate.
The position requires a two-year technical diploma from a recognized technical institution (database management and development is preferred), MCDBA and/or MCSE, MCSM certification along with a minimum of 4 years related experience.
Additionally, this position requires: working knowledge of current Microsoft .NET framework technologies and expert level of Microsoft Data and Business Intelligence technologies. Required database and reporting expertise must be periodically updated in line with vendor upgrades/releases and VFPA requirements.
PMV offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including an Earned Time Off program.
If we have accurately captured your profile above, please apply on-line.
(Please note that this posting will remain active until the position is filled.)
Port Metro Vancouver is dedicated to employment equity and a workplace reflective of the diversity of our community.