Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply Now! and your most current resume will be attached to this position. If you are new, the system will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
The City of Port Moody is a growing community of 34,000 residents located 30 minutes east of downtown Vancouver at the head of the Burrard Inlet and just steps from seaside parks, mountain trails and lakes. To achieve our mission of providing services that enhance the quality of life for all of our residents, we are looking for motivated individuals to complement our team.
||CUPE 825 (Inside)
|# of Vacancies
||October 11 - 20, 2013
||Reporting to the Corporate Information Analyst, the Systems Analyst ensures systems are operational and maintains the City's core databases and interfaces while creating processes and procedures to improve day-to-day operations. This temporary, full-time opportunity is expected to continue for approximately one year.
- Assist with design and development of solutions (may include database interfaces)
- Maintain existing systems and general programming
- Maintain interfaces between systems such as Agresso, CLASS, Tempest and Maintenance Connection
- Plan and install system patches, upgrades and installations
||Please note that employment with the City of Port Moody is subject to the receipt of a satisfactory Police Records Check and also a satisfactory Driver's Abstract. Please submit your online application at www.portmoody.ca/jobs by the posting close date.
- A two year technical diploma, preferably including training in Microsoft Transact-SQL programming or MS database administration, and two years of programming experience in a complex, multi-system business environment.
- Strong understanding of business processes, data structures and system relationships
- Experience with relational databases and programming algorithms
- Experience with Agresso ERP, TEMPEST or CLASS preferred
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to apply independent judgement
|Compensation - Hourly
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||The City of Port Moody strives to be an employer of choice and offers an excellent compensation and benefits package as well as professional development opportunities.