Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply Now! and your most current resume will be attached to this position. If you are new, the system will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
The City of Port Moody is a growing community of 34,000 residents located 30 minutes east of downtown Vancouver at the head of the Burrard Inlet and just steps from seaside parks, mountain trails and lakes. To achieve our mission of providing services that enhance the quality of life for all of our residents, we are looking for motivated individuals to complement our team.
||Head, Adult Services
||CUPE 825 (Inside)
|# of Vacancies
||January 4 - January 25, 2013
||The Port Moody Public Library requires an innovative and energetic Head of Adult Services with a strong commitment to the digital delivery of services and resources.
||This position will be responsible for leading the adult services team including information and reader advisory services, collection development (print and electronic resources), programming and staff supervision in a diverse and rapidly growing community. The library has an active information skills teaching program. This position will participate in the preparation, promotion and teaching of these classes. This is a temporary, full-time position until approximately October 2013 with a possibility of extension.
||Hours for this position will include evenings and occasional weekends.
Please note that employment with the Port Moody public library is subject to completion of a satisfactory criminal record search and also a satisfactory driver’s abstract. Please submit your online application @ www.portmoody.ca/jobs by the posting close date.
- Masters degree in Library & Information Science from an ALA accredited program (MLIS/MLS); plus a minimum of 2 years directly related experience
- Demonstrated ability to select materials, develop and maintain adult fiction and non-fiction collections (print and electronic), and manage a collections budget
- Thorough knowledge of electronic and print information resources
- Experience providing information and readers' advisory services for adults, as well as children and special interest groups (e.g. adult learners, new Canadians)
- Awareness of current and emerging technologies and trends in reference service
- High degree of computer literacy, and understanding of social media and social discovery tools
- Extensive experience in library programming for adults including program planning and evaluation, and teaching digital and information literacy skills
- Demonstrated ability to direct, supervise and review the work of one or more reporting positions
- Ability to develop and maintain liaisons with various community groups and conduct public presentations
- Excellent oral and written communciation skills
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in customer service, both internally and externally
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment as part of a team and also to work independently using effective problem-solving skills
- A valid Class 5 BC driver’s licence
||Port Moody Public Library
|Compensation - Hourly
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||The City of Port Moody strives to be an employer of choice and offers an excellent benefits package as well as professional development opportunities.