Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply Now! and your most current resume will be attached to this position. If you are new, the system will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
The City of Port Moody is a growing community of 34,000 residents located 30 minutes east of downtown Vancouver at the head of the Burrard Inlet and just steps from seaside parks, mountain trails and lakes. To achieve our mission of providing services that enhance the quality of life for all of our residents, we are looking for motivated individuals to complement our team.
||Digital & Information Services Coordinator
||CUPE 825 (Inside)
|# of Vacancies
||September 3 - 20, 2013
||The Port Moody Public Libary is seeking a dynamic and innovative Digital & Information Services Coordinator with a strong commitment to outstanding customer service.
Reporting to the Director of Library Services, you will be responsible for management and delivery of the library's digital services and resources, and for coordination of reference and readers' advisory services (virtual and in-library).
Hours will include evenings and occasional weekends.
Please note that employment with the City of Port Moody is subject to the receipt of a satisfactory police records check and also a satisfactory driver's abstract. Please submit your online application @www.portmoody.ca/jobs by September 20, 2013.
- Master's degree in Library & Information Science (MLIS/MLS) from an accredited post-secondary institution. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Minimum two years of recent, relevant experience
- Excellent knowledge of electronic resources and digital media within a library setting, including experience selecting and evaluating these resources
- Demonstrated knowledge of collection management principles
- Knowledge of current trends and industry best practices in the use of technology in library public service. Proficient in relevant technologies
- Experience in website management and creation of web content in a CMS environment
- Experience providing reference and readers' advisory services in a public library. Familiarity with trends in service delivery
- Knowledge and understanding of best practice in the design and delivery of digital literacy programs and initiatives. Experience planning and delivery digital literacy instruction in multiple formats
- Demonstrated ability to promote and lead innovation
- Strong project management skills, and ability to handle multiple and competing priorities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member and to work collaboratively with others to improve service to the public
- Proven dedication to excellence in customer service
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills
- A valid Class 5 BC driver's license
||British Columbia [BC]
|Compensation - Hourly
||$36.99 to $39.82 per hour
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||The City of Port Moody strives to be an employer of choice and offers an excellent compensation and benefits package as well as professional development opportunities.