Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply Now! and your most current resume will be attached to this position. If you are new, the system will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
The City of Port Moody is a growing community of 34,000 residents located 30 minutes east of downtown Vancouver at the head of the Burrard Inlet and just steps from seaside parks, mountain trails and lakes. To achieve our mission of providing services that enhance the quality of life for all of our residents, we are looking for motivated individuals to complement our team.
||IS Support Specialist
||CUPE 825 (Inside)
|# of Vacancies
||November 14 - 24, 2013
||The city has an exciting opportunity for a IS Support Specialist who is an excellent team player to join our IT team. This position reports to the IT Administrator and will provide support and technical assistance to staff and handle day-to-day helpdesk calls. This is a temporary full-time position for approximately one year.
This position will
- Provide hardware, software and networking support in response to helpdesk requests;
- Explain technical issues to staff;
- Allocate new hardware, software and infrastructure components;
- Acquire, review and change existing hardware and software configurations;
- Ensure data backups are correctly produced, regularly tested and correctly stored;
- Configure and update IP telephony system and mobile devices
- Manage and troubleshoot multifunction printers
A valid BC Class 5 driver's license is required.
Please note that employment with the City of Port Moody is subject to the receipt of a satisfactory police records check and also a satisfactory drivers' abstract. Please submit your online application @ www.portmoody.ca/jobs by the posting closing date.
The successful candidate must have:
- Two year technology diploma with a focus on networking technology and computing infrastructure;
- Knowledge of IP networking, IP telephony, Active Directory, Current Windows Server, Current Windows Desktop and peripherals;
- Six months to one year of experience working with computer systems.
- Demonstrated familiarity with current technological developments and trends
Exposure to municipal applications such as electronic document management systems, Tempest, Class, or an ERP application would be considered an asset;
Knowledge of VMWare vSphere virtualization would be considered an asset.
||British Columbia [BC]
|Compensation - Hourly
||$27.56 - $29.66
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||The City of Port Moody strives to be an employer of choice and offers an excellent compensation and benefits package as well as professional development opportunities.