Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
The City of Port Moody is a growing community of 34,000 residents located 30 minutes east of downtown Vancouver at the head of the Burrard Inlet and just steps from seaside parks, mountain trails and lakes. To achieve our mission of providing services that enhance the quality of life for all of our residents, we are looking for motivated individuals to complement our team.
||Superintendent, Parks and Roads
|# of Vacancies
||October 22 - November 3, 2013
||Reporting to the Manager of Operations, this position is responsible for leading employees in the workplace by clearly communicating expectations for employee job duties, responsibilities and performance. The Superintendent must work effectively as a team player and promote productive and coordinated teams.
||The Superintendent, Parks and Roads will supervise, plan and direct staff responsible for roads and park maintenance, repair and service to ensure work is completed in an accurate, safe and efficient manner. This includes coordinating day-to-day operational requirements and developing work plans and cost-effective initiatives and programs while monitoring budgets and preparing records and reports. As an experienced leader you will encourage workplace productivity and a positive environment, coaching and developing staff to success while building and supporting effective relationships amongst colleagues, supervisors, employees and the public.
||A valid BC Class 5 driver's license is required. Please note employment with the City of Port Moody is subject to receipt of a satisfactory police records search and driver's abstract. Please submit your online application @ www.portmoody.ca/jobs by the posting close date.
- Post secondary education, plus a minimum of 3 years of related experience in a Public Works environment, dealing with day-to-day roads and parks issues
- Effective leadership skills, excellent judgment and the ability to function with a high level independence
- A minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience
- Well developed conflict resolution and interpersonal skills
- Effective written and verbal communication
- An understanding of city operations and unionized environments
- Experience creating short and long term work plans
- Experience effectively managing operational budgets
- Knowledge of safety issues and hazards
- Proficiency with system applications such as MS Word, Excel and Maintenance Management
||British Columbia [BC]
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||The City of Port Moody strives to be an employer of choice and offers an excellent compensation and benefits package as well as professional development opportunities.