Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
The City of Port Moody is a growing community of 34,000 residents located 30 minutes east of downtown Vancouver at the head of the Burrard Inlet and just steps from seaside parks, mountain trails and lakes. To achieve our mission of providing services that enhance the quality of life for all of our residents, we are looking for motivated individuals to complement our team.
|# of Vacancies
||10/10/2012 to 10/27/2012
||We are seeking a Human Resources Information Systems Assistant for on-call coverage. Reporting to the Manager of Payroll and Benefits, this position produces reports and assists in the maintenance of the Human Resource Management Information System. The position will also provide benefits administration support and general support for the department as required. There is an immediate requirement for assistance one to two days per week until approximately January 2013.
- Maintain and update the Human Resources Information System
- Generate customized and routine reports and charts and conduct research
- Develop and maintain records, user and system manuals and related material
- Recommend improvements or modifications to existing procedures for use of HRIS
- Provide information and assistance to a variety of internal and external customers on matters pertaining to benefits, confidential personnel records, collective agreements, compensation and HRIS
- Provide general support for the department as required in the areas of recruitment, benefits and corporate training administration
||Please note that employment with the City of Port Moody is subject to the receipt of a satisfactory police records check and also a satisfactory driver's abstract. Please submit your online application @ www.portmoody.ca/jobs by the posting close date.
- Completion of a Certificate program in Human Resources, including or supplemented by courses in related computer applications
- One to three years of related experience in Human Resources, including considerable experience with HRIS maintenance and use
- Solid understanding of collective agrements, personnel policies and applicable Federal and Provincial statutes and regulations
- Experience providing information, assistance and advice to a variety of internal and external customers, including the ability to understand and interpret complex oral and written instructions
- Proficiency with system applications and MS Office programs including demonstrated Excel skills
- Knowledge and training in Agresso and HireDesk would be an asset
- Well developed verbal and written communication skills, sound judgment and excellent interpersonal skills
||British Columbia [BC]