Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
The City of Port Moody is a growing community of 34,000 residents located 30 minutes east of downtown Vancouver at the head of the Burrard Inlet and just steps from seaside parks and, mountain trails and lakes. To achieve our mission of providing services that enhance the quality of life for all of our residents, we are hoping that you are interested in a career with us.
||Manager of Financial Planning
|# of Vacancies
||October 3 - 27, 2013
This key leadership position will develop strong work teams and productive working relationships with City Departments, Council, the Community and other stakeholders while leading the City in long term financial and revenue planning.
Long Term Financial Planning:
- Develop financial targets, analyze and report on trends, and recommend strategies to achieve long term financial stability
- Develop the City's annual Five Year Financial Plan and consolidated long-term financial plan
- Lead long-term strategic planning and multi-year budgeting for both operating and capital
- Develop and recommend funding and debt financing strategies to deliver Council's priorities and meet financial targets
- Develop and implement property tax and utility policies and strategies, determine revenue obligations and address related resident, business and user group concerns
- Perform Treasury and cash management duties
- Analyze and recommend resolutions to debt issues
- Perform ongoing comprehensive cash flow analysis to recommend and facilitate sound investment decisions
- Lead a team of finance professionals in meeting the goals of the Financial Services Division through effective recruitment, training and performance development
- Communicate and engage effectively with other departments, external governing agencies, stakeholders, service providers and members of the public
Please note that employment with the City of Port Moody is subject to the receipt of a satisfactory police records check and also a satisfactory driver's abstract. Please submit your online application @www.portmoody.ca/jobs by the posting close date.
- Bachelor's degree in commerce or related business discipline and a professional accounting designation or MBA
- 7 years of related financial experience, including experience developing financial strategies to support major corporate decisions
- 3-5 years of experience preparing long term capital and operating budgets for general fund and utility funds while developing budget policies and bylaws; coordinating workshops; developing budget systems and processes; and building engagement, consensus and strong relationships with council, senior management, stakeholders and the public
- 3-5 years experience in revenue planning and billing and collections, including rate setting, policies and bylaws
- Thorough knowledge of municipal finance and accounting principles, practices, procedures and systems
- Demonstrated leadership capability and supervisory experience
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, including report writing and presentation skills
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||The City of Port Moody strives to be an employer of choice and offers an attractive compensation and benefits package as well as professional development opportunities.