Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply Now! and your most current resume will be attached to this position. If you are new, the system will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
The City of Port Moody is a growing community of 34,000 residents located 30 minutes east of downtown Vancouver at the head of the Burrard Inlet and just steps from seaside parks, mountain trails and lakes. To achieve our mission of providing services that enhance the quality of life for all of our residents, we are looking for motivated individuals to complement our team.
||CUPE 825 (Police)
|# of Vacancies
||April 2 - 8, 2013
||The City of Port Moody Police Department is seeking a reliable, organized and motivated Fleet Coordinator to facilitate the timely repair and service of all Department motor vehicles.
||This position will coordinate the repair, service, cleaning and other maintenance of all Department vehicles to ensure an appropriate vehicle rotation and will articulate requirements for expenditures and maintain a database of repairs and services performed. The Fleet Coordinator will also organize the installation, repair and removal of E-COMM Wide Area Radio Systems.
This position will work two 4 hour shifts per week.
Please note that employment with the City of Port Moody Police Department is subject to the receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced Police Security Check and also a satisfactory driver's abstract. Please submit your online application @ www.portmoody.ca/jobs by the posting close date.
- Grade 12 plus a minimum of one year of related experience in a motor vehicle repair work environment (or an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered)
- 1 - 2 years of trade training and /or experience dealing with auto mechanics, auto body repair or radio installation
- Experience dealing with ICBC accident repair processes and coordinating vehicle inspections
- Sufficient keyboarding ability to enter data into Fleet Management software program and Vehicle Fleet Inventory System. Familiarity with these systems would be an asset
- Familiarity with the provincial Motor Vehicle Act and Regulations and with the Department's Fleet Management Policy and Procedures
- Excellent time management, logistic and general organizational skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Valid BC Class 5 Driver's License
||Port Moody Police Department
||3051 St. John's Street
||British Columbia [BC]
|Compensation - Hourly
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||Plus 12% in lieu of benefits