Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||Loss Prevention Officer
The Human Resources department of the Pacific National Exhibition is presently recruiting for the following position:
Loss Prevention Officer
Fairtime: August 17th – September 2nd, 2013
We are seeking a diligent and responsible individual that has a passion for the events industry and the Pacific National Exhibition (PNE.) The Loss Prevention Officer of the Public Safety Department will work under the direction of the Manager of Investigations and provides solutions to combat loss during the Fair. They will work in compliance with all health and safety requirements as determined by WorkSafeBC, and all other applicable legislation and company policies. The Loss Prevention Officer position will be temporary for the Fair.
- Take an active role in identifying all forms of loss, including shortage control involvement and helping to identify creative shortage control solutions.
- Conduct and monitor surveillance to detect loss within the site; utilize and monitor CCTV equipment.
- Make recommendations for ways to prevent loss during the annual Fair at the PNE.
- Conduct safety inspections and communicate hazards to management.
- Assist in audit procedures for Loss Prevention
- Conduct physical security checks when necessary.
- Complete all necessary paperwork in a timely and professional manner.
- Completion of BST and valid Security License required.
- 3-5 years loss prevention experience preferred.
- Reporting experience with incident reports considered to be an asset.
- Must be capable of reading, writing and speaking in English for the purposes of written or oral instructions.
- Possess sufficient physical strength, stamina, and coordination to permit the performance of assigned tasks.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively deal with a variety of situations.
- Self-motivated individual and is able to work well with others in a fast paced environment.
- Flexibility preferred to work various hours, including days, afternoons / evenings, and weekends, with a possible late evening shift.
*** Candidates must undergo a criminal record check***
||Fair (Mid August - Labour Day)