Interested? Click on "Apply Now". If you know of someone else who might be interested, use our "Tell a Friend" option.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||British Columbia [BC]
||7615 - Coal Harbour
||Head Chef - Coal Harbour
|Permanent or Temporary
|Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Achieves and maintains responsibility for ordering and effectively controlling all kitchen related costs (such as food, labour and packaging).
- Trains, educates and supervises the restaurant team according to established, standard Urban Fare procedures; actively supervises team performance to develop a skilled and motivated culinary team.
- Provides visible “on the floor” leadership; manages time to ensure availability during peak service times.
- Demonstrates a willingness to serve and assist in the service of customers as needed; serves as a customer service role model for restaurant team members.
- Establishes a strong working relationship between the kitchen and service teams.
- Ensures all kitchen team members follow standard recipes, stressing a high standard of taste and presentation.
- Maintains food safety logs and records, ensuring regulation and store standard compliance.
- Manages inventories to minimize food waste and spoilage; uses Par Levels and standardized ordering days; participates in monthly inventories
- Maintains strong lines of communication amongst the kitchen team members; uses communication books and team huddles to facilitate the delivery of key messages.
- Remains current on industry and competitor trends and communicates key information to appropriate individuals and team members.
- Assists in the development of new products and drives a culture of continuous improvement in the restaurant; both operationally and financially.
|Criteria for Application
- Experienced Chef with Red Seal Certification is an asset
- Proven communication skills and strong participatory leadership ability.
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence and maintaining high standards.
- A passion for food and customer service.
- A leadership style that embodies the following competencies:
- Communication – listens actively, creates shared understanding, and fosters mutual trust & respect.
- Collaboration – builds strong relationships, coaches, mentors, and empowers, supports learning & development.
- Initiative – develops and aligns People, Serivce and Profit strategies, holds self and others accountable, makes quality and timely decisions.
- Awareness – models shared and core values, demonstrates self awareness, and remains optimistic and resilient. .
Interested applicants must apply online on or before July 5, 2013. We sincerely thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, we will only contact those selected for an interview.