With $129.5 billion in net assets as of December 31, 2012, the Ontario
Teachers' Pension Plan is the largest single-profession pension plan in
Canada. An independent organization, it invests the pension fund's assets
and administers the pensions of 303,000 active and retired teachers in
||Senior Business Consultant, Trade Efficiencies
||The Senior Business Consultant is responsible for collecting and analyzing business requirements to support the delivery of information technology solutions for Investments, Investment Finance and Corporate Division clients.
This position leads requirements management activities for enterprise projects and application enhancement releases. It manages and participates in the collection, prioritization, documentation and analysis of business requirements and system specifications.
The Senior Business Consultant leads requirements management activities for enterprise projects and application enhancement releases of significant scope and complexity.
|Duties and Responsibilities
- Engages client and information technology stakeholders to define the goals, objectives, scope and benefits of projects / application enhancement releases
- Leads planning, design, scheduling, execution and monitoring activities for requirements
- Champions the continuous improvement of requirements processes and practices contributing to the organization’s knowledge base
- Engages client and information technology stakeholders to collect and document detailed requirements
- Analyzes requirements to outline solution alternatives considering benefits, risks and costs
- Collaborates with client and information technology stakeholders facilitating the selection of solution alternatives for implementation
- Monitors and adapts plans in response to new ideas, changes to requirements and identified risks
- Directs requirements team members ensuring appropriate coordination of activities and resources
- Supports implementation and testing team members by communicating and facilitating the interpretation of requirements
- Evaluates requirements ensuring their adherence to information technology policies and standards
- Remains current as to emerging business analysis, investment management and technology trends
- Actively collaborates with information technology groups and stakeholders to support the delivery of organizational and information technology objectives
- A minimum of 8 years experience serving as a business analyst supporting the delivery of investment management or capital market solutions
- A minimum of 4 years experience leading an information technology team
- B.Comm, B. Sc., B. Eng., B. Math or equivalent University degree
- Excellent understanding of investment management concepts, processes and practices
- Excellent understanding of investment management solutions and technologies
- Excellent understanding of techniques, tools and technologies pertaining to the analysis, design, development, testing, deployment and maintenance of software solutions
- Good understanding of software platforms, groupware, middleware, databases, connectivity solutions and hardware platforms
- Excellent knowledge of requirements management concepts and processes supported by deep practical experience
- Good understanding of project management concepts supported by practical experience
- Good understanding of general business and management practices
- This individual will be recognized by senior management, client stakeholders and information technology team members as a leader
- This individual has developed a track record of successfully delivering initiatives
||Interested Candidates can apply directly via our website at http://www.otpp.com/wps/wcm/connect/otpp_en/Home/Corporate+Info/Careers/Career+Opportunities+site/
We appreciate your interest and will contact you if a meeting is required.
At Teachers', we're concerned about your privacy. Please read our Code of Conduct
to learn how we protect your personal information. When you send your application and other personal information to us over the Internet, we use different layers of security technology to ensure your privacy. The company providing third-party software for our career portal uses 128-bit encryption to protect the transfer of information between your computer and the career portal. This is the same standard used by secure banking websites.