With $129.5 billion in net assets as of December 31, 2012, the Ontario
Teachers' Pension Plan is the largest single-profession pension plan in
Canada. An independent organization, it invests the pension fund's assets
and administers the pensions of 303,000 active and retired teachers in
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Administrative Assistant, EIS
||To provide administrative support in the Employer Information Services department, supporting:
- Director, Employer Relations and Pension Services
- 5-6 managers
- EIS Team
This position provides administrative support to the leadership team and all members of the Employer Information Services in day to day activities which includes: purchasing, documentation distribution, Certification process support, maintenance of team information, event planning, travel arrangements and reception.
|Duties and Responsibilities
- Update and track all training the team has taken
- Update team information including: organization chart, phone list, initiative document, schedule
- Arranges for staff moves
- Conference and travel arrangements
- Arrange for gifts and confirm receipt
- Meal planning for meetings and team celebrations
- Scans employer and vendor documents
- Data entry
Event planning for Employers and Training:
- Find venues and meeting space
- Hotel contracts
- Arrangements for meals, travel and room set-up
- Format content
- Arrange for printing according to specifications (name tags, slide decks, etc.)
- Shipping of all materials to venues
- Registration tracking and sending confirmations
- Assist with selection of awards and other incentives. Arrange purchase and delivery.
- Ensures invoices are paid.
Certification Process Support:
- Contact financial executives at the employers to confirm CFO addressee information
- Prepare and maintain tracking documents
- Print cover letters
- File hard and soft copies of received certification documents
General Administrative Support:
- Calendar and schedule support
- Checks and distributes messages for EIS hotlines
- Distribution of faxes and mail
- Maintains traffic for colour printer
- Batch emails
- EIS homepage updates
- Track and file all expense documentation for budget
- Liaise with accounts payable for invoice payments
- Adhoc and batch business letters: printing, collation, address labels
- Update demographic employer information
- Team meeting minutes
- Order office supplies
- Birthday and holiday correspondence
- Liaise with law department for contract approval
- Transcribes phone messages and meeting notes
- Support for Reception department
- Administrative support for member communications
- Arrange all travel for the team
- This role receives direction from the Director, Employer Relations and Pension Services and supports the EIS management team. Complexity occurs in the managing, coordinating and prioritization of multiple needs of team members within a dynamic environment.
- The Administrative Assistant will be self-directed, able to function with minimal supervision, and will utilize a high degree of independence, tact, initiative, discretion and judgment. The incumbent will be able to work with senior levels of management within the company and externally, and will handle confidential information.
- The position requires flexibility and responsiveness in an interrupt-driven, dynamic, often busy environment.
- This individual will enjoy multi-tasking, will quickly and appropriately shift priorities and manage workload, and deal well with conflicting requests for support from many people.
- This individual will be organized, thorough, and detail-oriented and have a “can do” attitude.
- This individual will have the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Accuracy of information maintained is essential
- This is a pivotal role in the smooth management of the day to day activities of EIS department. The Administrative Assistant will support organizational change management and various initiatives, and will ensure that all processes and activities are completed in an efficient, accurate manner.
- The incumbent plans various events for groups of up to 200 people. Managers will provide guidance and direction for the annual offsite event with the employers.
- Invoices for costs can add up to significant amounts. Accuracy of invoices must be verified where needed, prior to approval.
- Provide support to the leadership team towards achieving their targeted objectives
- The position will be exposed to confidential or sensitive information and a high degree of discretion, professionalism and tact is required.
- Ability to approach team members to verify details and clarify instructions, context or content.
- Participate as a team member on planning committees.
- The position requires proficiency in the use of Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Technical aptitude to independently learn new systems and processes
- 5+ years providing administrative support at a senior level
- Strong customer-service orientation; a flexible and willing ‘can do’ attitude
- Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of leadership team to meet or exceed expectations.
- Follow-up and communicate on all outstanding requests
- Diplomacy and tact
- High degree of discretion dealing with confidential information regarding staff, employers or members.
- Creativity to design and implement team events and recognition awards
- Strong ability to work with others and independently while demonstrating initiative
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; very detail-oriented
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced, interrupt-driven environment
- Demonstrate good judgment and problem-solving skills
- Ability to see both macro and micro perspectives, i.e. overview as well as details
- Experience with successful event planning
- Experience with Lotus Notes an asset
- Experience with HTML an asset
· Bilingualism (English/French) is an asset
At Teachers', we're concerned about your privacy. Please read our Code of Conduct
to learn how we protect your personal information. When you send your application and other personal information to us over the Internet, we use different layers of security technology to ensure your privacy. The company providing third-party software for our career portal uses 128-bit encryption to protect the transfer of information between your computer and the career portal. This is the same standard used by secure banking websites.