With $129.5 billion in net assets as of December 31, 2012, the Ontario
Teachers' Pension Plan is the largest single-profession pension plan in
Canada. An independent organization, it invests the pension fund's assets
and administers the pensions of 303,000 active and retired teachers in
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Senior Investment Analyst, AM&R
||The investment division is seeking a Senior Investment Analyst, Non-Capital Markets to join our front office risk management team within AM&R. The successful candidate will thrive in a results-oriented environment.
|Duties and Responsibilities
The Senior Investment Analyst will be responsible for a variety of research and development activities that support the strategic objectives of Research and Risk Group within AM&R. This individual will frequently collaborate with different teams inside AM&R and across investment departments. This role will require an excellent combination of communication, quantitative and qualitative skills. Responsibilities include:
- Play an important role in developing modeling and monitoring frameworks to capture the risk return characteristics of various asset classes and individual investments in private markets, including private equity, infrastructure, real estate and timberland.
- Contribute to build, maintain and evolve asset-specific risk models, including market and credit risk.
- Help to develop and improve the monitoring functions of risk management using appropriate metrics for different asset classes.
- Contribute to research initiatives supporting the risk modeling and monitoring processes.
- Prepare reports and presentations to senior management and the Board of Directors on risk modeling, budgeting and monitoring.
- Work cross-functionally with other teams and departments to ensure continued alignment with OTPP’s mission, vision and values. This includes supporting and sharing knowledge with other areas of AM&R, responding to ad hoc requests from other departments, and partnering with colleagues in Private Capital, Infrastructure, Real Estate and other departments to elaborate on models used for investment decision-making.
- 2+ years valuation experience and familiarity with risk models at a bank, financial institution or consulting firm
- An undergraduate degree or above in Business, Economics, Mathematics, Mathematical Finance or Financial Engineering
- A CA and/or CBV designation or enrolment required
- An expert understanding of valuation for a broad range of private market instruments
- Excellent communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated presentation skills
- Ability to work independently as well as to perform effectively in a team oriented environment
Interested Candidates can apply directly via our website at
We appreciate your interest and will contact you if a meeting is required.
At Teachers', we're concerned about your privacy. Please read our Code of Conduct
to learn how we protect your personal information. When you send your application and other personal information to us over the Internet, we use different layers of security technology to ensure your privacy. The company providing third-party software for our career portal uses 128-bit encryption to protect the transfer of information between your computer and the career portal. This is the same standard used by secure banking websites.