With $129.5 billion in net assets as of December 31, 2012, the Ontario
Teachers' Pension Plan is the largest single-profession pension plan in
Canada. An independent organization, it invests the pension fund's assets
and administers the pensions of 303,000 active and retired teachers in
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Investment Associate - Long Term Equities
Based in Toronto, Teachers’ Long Term Equities is seeking an Investment Associate to join its team.
About Teachers’ Long Term Equities Team
Teachers’ Long Term Equities Group (“LTE”) is a newly formed highly specialized equity team that is focused, via direct equity investments, on building a strong portfolio of global companies. LTE investments have a number of unique attributes that make them an excellent hedge against long-term pension liabilities. We look for investments that offer an attractive return on a risk adjusted basis and which provide stable long-term cash flows that are inflation protected. These investments will be held for periods in excess of 10 years. Currently, LTE is responsible for investing $2 billion and operates within the Public Equities department.
|Duties and Responsibilities
When evaluating an investment opportunity, the Associate will work in a small team to determine whether the company represents an attractive investment opportunity. The Associate will assess the industry’s attractiveness, analyze customer trends and evaluate the company’s strategy and management’s capabilities. The Associate will also be responsible for developing and maintaining financial models. Associates are also involved in structuring transactions, participating in negotiations with outside financing sources and managing external advisors. Once a transaction has been completed, the Associate will remain involved in the business and will work with the management team and the board of directors to implement value-enhancing initiatives.
In addition to responsibilities focused at the investment level, the Associate will be required to assist with:
- Developing and maintaining reports required to monitor the performance of our portfolio
- Developing and maintaining data for marketing pitches and other summary materials on LTE projects relating to the advancement of LTE’s best practices in both the transaction process and ongoing asset management
- an undergraduate University degree and preferably an M.B.A., and/or a professional designation with a focus on investment analysis
- 3-4 yrs. related work experience – ideally in private equity, investment banking, or consulting.
- very strong analytical and quantitative skills and in-depth, innovative, critical analysis
- a basic understanding of fundamental investment analysis
- proficiency with financial modeling skills
- ability to develop a good knowledge of the economic/business characteristics, conditions and trends of a wide range of industries and of their investment characteristics
- strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills. The successful candidate will be required to interface with a number of professionals including other members of OTPP and outside professionals such as management of our assets, investment bankers, board directors and lawyers. Therefore it is essential that the candidate be able to articulate ideas, issues and recommendations effectively
- an ability to manage multiple projects
- willing to travel
Interested Candidates can apply directly via our website at
We appreciate your interest and will contact you if a meeting is required.
At Teachers', we're concerned about your privacy. Please read our Code of Conduct
to learn how we protect your personal information. When you send your application and other personal information to us over the Internet, we use different layers of security technology to ensure your privacy. The company providing third-party software for our career portal uses 128-bit encryption to protect the transfer of information between your computer and the career portal. This is the same standard used by secure banking websites.