With $129.5 billion in net assets as of December 31, 2012, the Ontario
Teachers' Pension Plan is the largest single-profession pension plan in
Canada. An independent organization, it invests the pension fund's assets
and administers the pensions of 303,000 active and retired teachers in
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Senior Manager, Credit & Counterparty Risk Management
||The Senior Manager, Credit and Counterparty Risk Management, will be responsible for the counterparty credit risk management process in Finance. This individual will be responsible for managing key relationships with the credit function in the Investments Department (Fixed Income, Asset Mix and Risk) and related external relationships.
- Responsible for developing, managing and monitoring the process for credit approval of new counterparties and monitoring enterprise Counterparty Risk
- Provide inputs to the calculations for management of enterprise risk exposure to counterparties and monitors exposure against guideline limits.
- Support the negotiations with counterparties on ISDA, CSA, CMRA, etc.
- Assist in the development of fund-wide counterparty credit risk management processes.
- Responsible for the management of projects affecting multiple units within Investment Finance and across other divisions at OTPP.
- Manage key internal relationships with the Investment Division and the IT Investments Department.
- Recruit, train, lead, manage and motivate staff to build a qualified, productive and efficient team, capable of adding value to the organization.
||Full Time Regular
|Duties and Responsibilities
||Support and develop Credit Risk Management Systems and Processes:
- Develop a management and reporting system for counterparties.
- Maintain policies and guidelines for Counterparty Exposure.
- Monitor counterparty credit risk and exposures against guidelines.
- Support expansion of the fund-wide credit risk management process in the Integrated Risk System.
Manage the daily maintenance of counterparty credit information:
- Accurate maintenance of data reporting, credit risk and exposure calculations.
- Review of entity information, impact of market events on counterparty credit.
- Inquiries from the Investments Department.
Hire, manage and develop staff:
- Responsible for planning and developing strategic initiatives for the functional area.
- Recruit staff to fill vacancies.
- Conduct performance evaluations, career development and coaching.
- Manage on-the-job training and approve external training and conferences.
- Recommend staffing and compensation changes for management and staff.
Oversee special projects:
- Manage direct reports through all stages of a wide variety of projects.
- Manage large-scale projects affecting multiple units within Investment Finance and across divisions at OTPP.
- Monitor the status of projects and decide on the course of action to keep on target.
- Resolve complex issues that arise.
- Make recommendations to the Director and V.P. CAP & DM on key issues affecting counterparty risk management.
- Liaise with key contacts in the Investments Department, other internal departments and external suppliers, counterparties and other contacts:
- Respond to inquiries and requests from the Investments Department, including the V.P.s and S.V.P.s of Investments.
- Provide input into Divisional and Corporate Objectives.
- Assist Investments, Legal and Finance with a review of the credit and collateral features of new services relationships, including counterparties, custodians, clearing and prime brokerage arrangements and securities lending programs.
- Assist Investments and Investment Finance in due diligence reviews of Structured Products and private investments related to credit lending and servicing.
- Liaise with other pension plans, investment managers and industry participants to discuss best practices.
||We are seeking a proven credit and counterparty risk management professional with superior decision making and leadership skills. This position requires an individual with an extensive background in the mechanics of the securities markets, investment principles, derivative products and the associated counterparty credit risk of investing in these areas.
The successful candidate will have a relevant Master’s degree (such as Business/Finance, Economics, Financial Mathematics) and a CA or CFA designation, combined with 7– 10 years of credit risk management experience in a financial institution. This individual will have solid knowledge of investment products and derivatives.
As a true team player, this person will possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, as well as the ability to work effectively with senior management to deal with a variety of tasks and investment clients.
The Senior Manager will have a strong interest in being part of a dynamic, highly successful and industry-leading investment organization, combined with the desire to have a more direct impact on the overall success of the organization.
Personality / Communications / Interpersonal Skills:
From a personal standpoint, all candidates for the position should have the following attributes:
||Interested Candidates can apply directly via our website at http://www.otpp.com/wps/wcm/connect/otpp_en/Home/Corporate+Info/Careers/Career+Opportunities+site/
We appreciate your interest and will contact you if a meeting is required.
At Teachers', we're concerned about your privacy. Please read our Code of Conduct
to learn how we protect your personal information. When you send your application and other personal information to us over the Internet, we use different layers of security technology to ensure your privacy. The company providing third-party software for our career portal uses 128-bit encryption to protect the transfer of information between your computer and the career portal. This is the same standard used by secure banking websites.