Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted.
If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Student Laboratory Assistant
||Thunder Bay Public Health Laboratory
||Public Health Ontario (PHO) is a Crown corporation dedicated to protecting and promoting the health of all Ontarians and reducing inequities in health. As a hub organization, OAHPP links public health practitioners, front-line health workers and researchers to the best scientific intelligence and knowledge from around the world.
PHO provides expert scientific and technical support relating to infection prevention and control; surveillance and epidemiology; health promotion, chronic disease and injury prevention; environmental and occupational health; health emergency preparedness; and public health laboratory services to support health providers, the public health system and partner ministries in making informed decisions and taking informed action to improve the health and security of Ontarians. For more information about OAHPP, visit www.oahpp.ca.
||Position Title: Student Laboratory Assistant – 3 positions
Department: Thunder Bay Public Health Laboratory
Duration: Temporary – 9, 10 and 15 week placement
Location: 336 South Syndicate Avenue, Thunder Bay
Compensation Group: OPSEU
Position Status: OPEN
Job Code: Student Level 1
Salary: $10.25 per hour
Job ID: 13-0011
Posting Date: April 11, 2013
Closing Date: April 24, 2013
||Public Health Ontario’s Thunder Bay Public Health Laboratory requires a Student Laboratory Assistant to perform laboratory attendant duties:
• Handling and processing water samples for environmental bacteriology.
• Sorting, logging, numbering and data entry of lab specimens.
• Clerical duties, data entry, and customer service.
|Knowledge and Skills
• Preference will be given to students currently enrolled in a post-secondary program which focuses on public health, microbiology, bacteriology, life sciences, and/or laboratory technologist/technician program.
• Good knowledge of laboratory terminology.
• Knowledge of laboratory safety.
• Ability to identify problems with equipment and refer for appropriate action.
• Ability to follow instructions and procedures related to the handling of biological hazards.