Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted.
If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
||Medical Laboratory Technologist
||Toronto Public Health Laboratory
||Public Health Ontario (PHO) is a Crown corporation dedicated to protecting and promoting the health of all Ontarians and reducing inequities in health. As a hub organization, OAHPP links public health practitioners, front-line health workers and researchers to the best scientific intelligence and knowledge from around the world.
PHO provides expert scientific and technical support relating to infection prevention and control; surveillance and epidemiology; health promotion, chronic disease and injury prevention; environmental and occupational health; health emergency preparedness; and public health laboratory services to support health providers, the public health system and partner ministries in making informed decisions and taking informed action to improve the health and security of Ontarians. For more information about OAHPP, visit www.oahpp.ca.
||Position Title: Medical Laboratory Technologist
Department: Clinical and Environmental
Location: 81 Resources Road, Etobicoke
Compensation Group: OPSEU
Position Status: Open
Job Code: Medical Laboratory Tech 1 - 16061
Salary: $28.79 - $33.86 per hour
Posting Date: November 28, 2012
Closing Date: December 12, 2012
Public Health Ontario requires a Medical Laboratory Technologist to perform laboratory tests for the Clinical and Environmental Bacteriology Department.
||• Conduct standardized medical/clinical tests and procedures for the isolation, identification, molecular testing and antimicrobial susceptibility testing of clinically significant bacteria.
• Report and relay results to clients
• Carry out established quality control procedures
• Maintain equipment and supplies
• Provide technical assistance to Senior Technologists and Operational Lead in carrying out testing and/or special projects and perform activities to support the laboratory’s Quality management Program and Ontario Laboratory Accreditation requirements
|Knowledge and Skills
||• A strong working knowledge of and the ability to perform medical laboratory techniques/procedures in clinical and environmental bacteriology.
• Ability to operate laboratory equipment
• Knowledge of and ability to apply laboratory safety practices
• Knowledge of Ontario Laboratory Accreditation requirements
• Practicing certificate of registration with the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario in the discipline of Microbiology is a mandatory requirement
||Full Time Regular