Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted.
If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Infection Prevention Control Specialist (two positions)
||Infection Prevention and Control
||Public Health Ontario (PHO) is a Crown corporation dedicated to protecting and promoting the health of all Ontarians and reducing inequities in health. As a hub organization, PHO links public health practitioners, front-line health workers and researchers to the best scientific intelligence and knowledge from around the world.
PHO provides expert scientific and technical support relating to infection prevention and control; surveillance and epidemiology; health promotion, chronic disease and injury prevention; environmental and occupational health; health emergency preparedness; and public health laboratory services to support health providers, the public health system and partner ministries in making informed decisions and taking informed action to improve the health and security of Ontarians.
For more information about PHO, visit www.oahpp.ca.
||Position Title: Infection Prevention and Control Specialist (two positions
Department: Infectious Disease Prevention and Control
Duration: Both permanent positions (full-time = 36.25 hours per week and part-time = 14.5 hours per week).
Location: 480 University Avenue, Toronto preferably however can be flexible
Compensation Group: AMAPCEO
Position Status: Open
Job Code: 20PGS - General Scientific
Salary: $75,164 - 97,640 annual
Reposted date: January 29, 2013
Revised closing date: February 12, 2013
To work with the Infection Prevention and Control Resources team to ensure that programs reflect the current scientific evidence related to infection prevention and control. To contribute to the development of infection prevention and control projects across multi-functional areas of the PHO. To work with PHO colleagues to create plans and structures and ensure the implementation of the infection prevention and control core competency education program, in accordance with the PHO’s policy and procedures.
Please indicate in your cover letter which position (full time or part-time) you are applying for and how you meet the qualifications/competencies requested.
||• Works with the Infection Prevention and Control Resources team to research, develop and write infection prevention and control information for the IPAC-Core Competency education and other IPAC resource tools and programs.
• Participates as a member of other PHO or stakeholder project teams on infection prevention and control by maintaining effective and efficient working relationships and contributing to the operation of the team and the group as a whole.
• Coordinates and dispatches response team such as Infection Control Resource Teams to assist health care facilities across Ontario with outbreak and challenging IPAC situations.
• Liaison for collecting information on CDI outbreaks through local Regional Infection Control Network contacts.
• Participates in research on infection prevention and control or connects with other research bodies across Canada and contributes to the flow of information to stakeholders; collects and analyses data, draws conclusions based on findings, documents and makes recommendations through writing detailed research reports, summaries and presentation materials using database, spreadsheet and word processing software in accordance with PHO/Agency policy and procedures.
• Contributes expertise in infection prevention and control to enhance education programs; works cooperatively with PHO colleagues to create plans and structures, and to ensure the implementation of the infection prevention and control education programs, in accordance with the PHO’s policy and procedures.
• Participates with the Infection Prevention and Control Core Competency Education team in working to ensure that the program reflects the current scientific evidence related to infection prevention and control.
• Contributes to the development and implementation of the department’s mandate and operating procedures by taking a significant role in the identification of new projects that fit the PHO’s mandate; suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
• Keeps apprised of the latest research and developments in infectious disease prevention and infection control within the PHO and at other institutions.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
|Knowledge and Skills
||• Sound knowledge of, and expertise in, the creation of infection prevention and control documents in order to conduct research or connect with other infection prevention and control organizations across Canada, to contribute to the flow of information to stakeholders, and to collect and analyse data, draw conclusions based on findings, and to document and make recommendations.
• Knowledge of methods, techniques, and processes for developing education programs in a variety of modalities including e-learning, self-directed and didactic programs, in order to participate with the Infection Prevention and Control Core Competency Education team in working to ensure that the education program reflects the current scientific evidence related to infection prevention and control.
• Interpersonal, leadership, teamwork and relationship building skills in order to interact well with all project stakeholders, to maintain effective linkages with all levels of contacts and to deliver the results on time and within budget.
• Skill and ability to work as a collaborative team member.
• Analytical, problem solving and evaluation skills to diagnose the nature of the questions received and affect change in practical situations.
• Highly organized and an ability to determine priorities while performing a variety of different responsibilities with conflicting deadlines, particularly to determine the importance and urgency of issues and respond effectively to fluctuating work load demands in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
• Proficient with various computer systems and software programs including: database management, word processing, spreadsheet, presentation applications, MS Office, Reference Manager and use of graphic images.
|Education and Experience
||• Degree or diploma in relevant health science or related discipline.
• Expert knowledge of infection prevention and control, the development of strategic initiatives, proposals, reports, and presentations.
• A minimum of 10 years of experience in infection prevention and control.
• Current certification in infection prevention and control (CIC).