Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted.
If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Knowledge Exchange Specialist (two positions)
||Public Health Ontario (PHO) is a Crown corporation dedicated to protecting and promoting the health of all Ontarians and reducing inequities in health. As a hub organization, PHO links public health practitioners, front-line health workers and researchers to the best scientific intelligence and knowledge from around the world.
PHO provides expert scientific and technical support relating to infection prevention and control; surveillance and epidemiology; health promotion, chronic disease and injury prevention; environmental and occupational health; health emergency preparedness; and public health laboratory services to support health providers, the public health system and partner ministries in making informed decisions and taking informed action to improve the health and security of Ontarians.
For more information about PHO, visit www.oahpp.ca.
||Position Title: Knowledge Exchange Specialist (two positions)
Department: Knowledge Services
One position - Knowledge Services
One position - Infection Prevention and Control
Location: 480 University Avenue, Toronto
Bargaining Unit: AMAPCEO
Classification: 18PGS – General Scientific
Salary: $68,182 - $84,294 per annum
Posting Date: Febraury 14, 2013
Closing Date: March 25, 2013
The Knowledge Exchange Specialist plays a key role in positioning Public Health Ontario (PHO) as a provincial leader in knowledge exchange practices, particularly in the area of infection prevention and control.
Leveraging your leadership skills, you will advance tools and best practices that facilitate knowledge exchange within PHO and public health units, while building organizational capacity. This is an exceptional opportunity for a knowledge exchange expert to work with the scientific community to strengthen public health knowledge exchange practice in Ontario.
Please indicate in your cover letter which position (Knowledge Services or Infection Prevention and Control) you are applying for and how you meet the qualifications/competencies.
||• Works with interdisciplinary scientific programs and corporate services to identify knowledge exchange gaps and opportunities and to assist subject matter experts across PHO to incorporate a knowledge exchange approach/framework to their work.
• Identifies services, tools and best practices that would be beneficial to internal and external stakeholders in carrying out their respective knowledge exchange roles and promotes the use of appropriate dissemination channels for knowledge exchange.
• Provides expertise and advice in knowledge exchange to internal and external stakeholders about knowledge exchange practices and provides education on how to develop knowledge products and incorporate knowledge exchange in all activities.
• Provides a knowledge exchange perspective on all policies and procedures related to PHO products and services and provides input to the development of products.
• Works across the organization to identify and implement opportunities for the exchange of information on new project and product development with a view to building organizational capacity for knowledge exchange.
• Identifies opportunities for PHO alignment and collaboration on knowledge exchange that would strengthen the collective role of public health knowledge exchange practice (e.g. National Collaborating Centres, PHAC, universities involved in knowledge exchange, etc)
• Facilitates the development of partnerships with external stakeholder organizations to develop a collaborative approach to respond to knowledge exchange gaps in public health practice and to lead teams and focus groups.
• Conducts environmental scans and needs assessment and assists with research to inform program development; and to promote the development of innovative knowledge exchange practice.
• Conducts evaluation to assess the impact of the knowledge exchange service.
• Provides support to the SRKE Committee and to Communities of Practice.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
|Knowledge and Skills
||• Knowledge of knowledge exchange methods and best practices to provide knowledge exchange expertise, advice and support to build Public Health Ontario’s knowledge exchange capacity.
• Knowledge of key roles and stakeholders in knowledge exchange; particularly in public health to develop collaborative efforts and to keep abreast of development in the field.
• Knowledge of evaluation and research methodologies to conduct research and data collection in order to develop and /or support the development and evaluation of knowledge transfer/exchange products and services.
• Project management skills to lead a variety of knowledge exchange projects and teams within Public Health Ontario.
|Education and Experience
||• Masters’ degree in Public Health, Community Health or related discipline;
• Minimum of five years of experience in knowledge exchange/knowledge transfer/knowledge translation role in a health or public health organization.
||Full Time Regular
||480 Unviersity Avenue