Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted.
If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Toronto Public Health Laboratory
||Public Health Ontario (PHO) is a Crown corporation dedicated to protecting and promoting the health of all Ontarians and reducing inequities in health. As a hub organization, OAHPP links public health practitioners, front-line health workers and researchers to the best scientific intelligence and knowledge from around the world.
PHO provides expert scientific and technical support relating to infection prevention and control; surveillance and epidemiology; health promotion, chronic disease and injury prevention; environmental and occupational health; health emergency preparedness; and public health laboratory services to support health providers, the public health system and partner ministries in making informed decisions and taking informed action to improve the health and security of Ontarians. For more information about OAHPP, visit www.oahpp.ca.
||Position Title: Administrative Assistant
Department: Toronto Public Health Laboratory – Medical/Clinical Microbiologists Office
Duration: Permanent, 36.25 hours per week
Location: 81 Resources Road, Etobicoke
Compensation Group: OPSEU
Position Status: OPEN
Job Code: OAD 8
Salary: $21.43 - $24.16 per hour
Posting Date: November 7, 2012
Closing Date: November 21, 2012
The Administrative Assistant provides support primarily to the Medical/Clinical Microbiologists, but will be required to assist with other departmental activities and staff when necessary.
||• Coordinates the flow of information and documents into the Microbiologist office and ensures urgent matters are brought to the attention of appropriate staff in a timely manner.
• Makes arrangements for all meetings of the Microbiologists including: determining priorities of appointments, booking meeting locations/rooms, preparing agendas, compiling and distributing related background material as appropriate, making arrangements for teleconferencing and videoconferencing as required, coordinating travel/accommodation requirements for out-of-town meetings/conferences and processing travel expenses as required.
• Responds to incoming calls to the unit from senior government officials (all levels), private sector companies, health-care providers and occasionally the general public; provides basic responses based on own knowledge of the PHO mandate, services, priorities and procedures, or referring inquiries regarding information, documentation and assistance to other PHO staff; liaises with managers and staff throughout PHO to keep in touch with current activities.
• Prepares a variety of departmental documents, correspondence, reports, statistics and materials for the Microbiologists and staff.
• Provides general administrative financial support for the business unit including reviewing/consolidating PHO accounts data, checking/processing invoices, P-card purchases, expense claims, and lease administration.
• Provides assistance on projects related to the development and implementation of office administrative procedures, systems and practices within PHO.
• Takes on other job related duties and responsibilities, as required.
|Knowledge and Skills
||• Proficient with various computer systems and software programs including: database management, word processing, spreadsheet and presentation applications (i.e. MS Office Suite).
• Highly organized with an ability to determine priorities while performing a variety of different administrative responsibilities with conflicting deadlines, particularly to determine the importance and urgency of issues, and to respond effectively to fluctuating work load demands in a fast paced environment.
• Analytical ability sufficient to review incoming correspondence and information requests and refer issues to the appropriate staff member, to determine the nature of calls received from management/staff and external contacts and provide appropriate general information in a timely manner.
• Written communication skills to compile information for meetings, create correspondence and reports, prepare presentations.
• Interpersonal and oral communication skills to respond to staff/client inquiries and maintain effective linkages with all levels of contacts.
• Ability to accurately and efficiently produce materials, with attention to detail in order to review/proof read documents for accuracy and completeness
• Knowledge of, and ability to apply administrative service principles, methods and practices to provide support to the business unit.
• Knowledge of the activities of the unit as well as of the Agency mandate, services, priorities and procedures.
|Education and Experience
||• Demonstrated administrative experience to provide support across multi-functional areas of the business unit. Experience working within a Health care environment will be considered an asset.
• At least three years of experience providing assistance at a Director/Senior Manager level.