Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted.
If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Receptionist (five month contract)
||Public Health Ontario (PHO) is Crown corporation dedicated to protecting and promoting the health of all Ontarians and reducing inequities in health. As a hub organization, PHO links public health practitioners, front-line health workers and researchers to the best scientific intelligence and knowledge from around the world.
PHO provides expert scientific and technical support relating to infection prevention and control; surveillance and epidemiology; health promotion, chronic disease and injury prevention; environmental and occupational health; health emergency preparedness; and public health laboratory services to support health providers, the public health system and partner ministries in making informed decisions and taking informed action to improve the health and security of Ontarians.
For more information about Public Health Ontario, visit www.oahpp.ca.
||Reporting to the President's Office Manager, the Receptionist is responsible for providing timely, accurate, quality services to walk-in visitors to the offices of Public Health Ontario.
These duties also include providing general office administrative support to President's Office Manager in the Office of the President and CEO.
Position Title: Receptionist
Department: Office of the President and CEO
Duration: Full time temporary - five months
Location: 480 University Avenue, Toronto
Compensation Group: OPSEU
Job Code: 0AD 3
Salary: $18.84 - $21.48 hourly
Position Status: Open
Hours of Work: 36.25 hours per week
Posting Date: November 20, 2012
Closing Date: December 4, 2012
||• Guest Management.
• Responding to telephone enquiries and directing them to appropriate department.
• Accepting deliveries.
• Maintain and distribute organization contact lists.
• Processing Invoices.
• Mail receipt and distribution.
• Arranging for couriers.
• Issuing Security Access Cards and keys and liaising with building security on access issues.
• Ordering stationery, office and catering supplies.
• Managing and maintaining calendars for hotel offices, meeting rooms, car parking and office equipment and managing any booking conflicts.
• Order resources for set-up of boardroom and assist with the set-up when required.
• Providing general administrative support.
• Any other job related duties as assigned.
|Knowledge and Skills
||• Strong customer service and communication skills.
• Proficient in the operation of various systems and software programs including: word processing, database management, spreadsheet, presentation and organization chart applications.
• Organizational skills and reasoning to determine priorities when performing a variety of different administrative responsibilities with conflicting deadlines, and to respond effectively to fluctuating work load demands.
• Evaluation and problem solving skills in managing rooms and resources to identify what important and urgent matters should be given priority.
• Judgment and analytical skills to review incoming correspondence and information requests and refer to the appropriate staff member, and to determine the nature of calls received and provide appropriate general information.
• Interpersonal and oral communications skills to establish/maintain effective liaison with all levels of contacts.
• Demonstrated administrative experience to provide support across multi-functional areas of Public Health Ontario.
• Demonstrated written communication skills to prepare standard correspondence.
|Education and Experience
||• Post-secondary education which includes a college diploma or equivalent office/business experience.
• Prior experience in a high volume front line service environment.
• Bilingualism (French and English) would be considered an asset.
||Full Time Temporary
||480 University Avenue