Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted.
If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Program Assistant - HIV
||Toronto Public Health Laboratory
||Public Health Ontario (PHO) is a Crown corporation dedicated to protecting and promoting the health of all Ontarians and reducing inequities in health. As a hub organization, OAHPP links public health practitioners, front-line health workers and researchers to the best scientific intelligence and knowledge from around the world.
PHO provides expert scientific and technical support relating to infection prevention and control; surveillance and epidemiology; health promotion, chronic disease and injury prevention; environmental and occupational health; health emergency preparedness; and public health laboratory services to support health providers, the public health system and partner ministries in making informed decisions and taking informed action to improve the health and security of Ontarians. For more information about OAHPP, visit www.oahpp.ca.
||Position Title: Program Assistant - HIV
Department: Toronto Public Health Laboratory
Duration: 10 months – 36.25 hours per week - PROJECT
Location: 81 Resource Road, Etobicoke
Compensation Group: OPSEU
Position Status: OPEN
Job Code: OAD06
Salary: $20.14 - $22.58 per hour
Job ID: 13-0027
Posting Date: May 6, 2013
Closing Date: May 21, 2013
PHO requires a project based HIV Program Assistant to provide administrative support services to HIV Laboratory Enhancement Program (LEP). Data on risk, HIV test history and laboratory testing is used to generate information on HIV in Ontario.
||Reporting to the Functional Manager, Virology and working under the Direction of the HIV Scientist, the incumbent will carry-out the follow duties and responsibilities:
• Prepare a variety of program documents, reports, correspondence, statistical reports, and material for the Manager including preparing and mailing out LEP packages for collection and supplemental information for newly diagnosed HIV cases;
• Follow up by telephone with prescribing physicians for LEP questionnaires;
• Establish and/or maintain filing system including a physician refusal list, and prepare and maintain paper files on each case included in LEP;
• Sort and distribute incoming correspondence and laboratory reports. Provide regional laboratories with supplies for study materials (covering letters, study questionnaires, return envelopes, study information sheets);
• Liaise with regional labs to ensure monthly selection of candidates;
• Interact with a variety of electronic databases such as MS Access;
• Prepare statistics for supervisor and assist in preparation of ad hoc reports including performing analyses on study participant flow as requested; resolution reporting for high severity incidents.
|Knowledge and Skills
||• Knowledge of various computer systems and software programs including MS Office, including Access;
• Analytical and problem solving skills in recognizing errors by checking for missing information/ documents;
• Knowledge of and ability to apply clerical service and data entry principles, methods and practices to provide support to the section;
• Ability to accurately and efficiently produce materials, with attention to detail in order to review/ proof read documents for accuracy and completeness;
• Understanding of medical terminology in order to accurately input data (e.g. types of specimens, symptoms, types of tests carried out in the PHL);
• Keyboarding 60 wpm.
||81 Resource Road