Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted.
If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Customer Service Representative
||Toronto Public Health Laboratory
||Public Health Ontario (PHO) is a Crown corporation dedicated to protecting and promoting the health of all Ontarians and reducing inequities in health. As a hub organization, OAHPP links public health practitioners, front-line health workers and researchers to the best scientific intelligence and knowledge from around the world.
PHO provides expert scientific and technical support relating to infection prevention and control; surveillance and epidemiology; health promotion, chronic disease and injury prevention; environmental and occupational health; health emergency preparedness; and public health laboratory services to support health providers, the public health system and partner ministries in making informed decisions and taking informed action to improve the health and security of Ontarians. For more information about OAHPP, visit www.oahpp.ca.
||Position Title: Customer Service Representative
Department: Toronto Public Health Laboratory – Customer Service Centre
Duration: Permanent, Part Time 18.13 hours per week
Location: 81 Resources Road, Etobicoke
Compensation Group: OPSEU
Position Status: OPEN
Job Code: 07OAD – Office Administration 07
Salary: $20.44 – 23.08 hourly
Posting Date: January 22, 2013
Closing Date: February 4, 2013
Public Health Ontario’s Toronto Public Health Laboratory requires a Customer Services Representative to act as front-line contact with PHO clients who include hospitals and community laboratories, physicians’ offices, clinics, long-term care facilities, nursing homes and public health units by telephone, email, and fax with regard to responding to queries on urgent and routine test results, rejected tests and investigate new or unusual test requests.
||This position is responsible for providing an integrated service approach to information and referrals, the position requires:
• Delivery of high customer service quality in responding to all client enquiries through providing information on urgent and routine test results, utilizing online computer systems, requesting from clients additional information required for test completion, cancelling tests, investigating new or unusual test requests and responding to requests for supplies.
• Accessing a variety of fluctuating information from multiple databases, reference materials (e.g. Specimen Collection Guide etc), PHO intranet in order to identify up to date information to answer inquiries.
• Apprising management of perceived trends, potential or unusual issues, criticisms raised, thus identifying and reporting of recurring client issues and trends as required.
• Maintaining and record-keeping information required to organize and/or update the client database and to store, file and retrieve electronic and paper-based information, including maintaining sufficient levels of office supplies.
• Researching and verifying information via databases, websites and resource departments.
• Performing administrative duties as required which would include providing client/management
support services for example faxing of test results to clients offices, arranging for equipment maintenance such as faxes, photocopiers and maintaining the department filing systems.
• Providing on the job training for new team members to the extent of answering questions and explaining business processes. Assisting in maintaining the integrity of information on the Customer Service procedure manual.
• Recommending process changes that may improve efficiency and effectiveness. Assists in the orientation of new staff.
• Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
|Knowledge and Skills
||• Knowledge of Laboratory Information Systems and broad knowledge of the Public Health Laboratory programs/services and PHO’s mandate and services.
• Use and operation of computers and software such as Microsoft Office, word processing software and database programs and the Internet to access and retrieve information from databases.
• Familiarity with relevant sections of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act to determine what information can be released by reviewing request for information in relation to the legislation;
• Knowledge of contact centre policies, procedures, priorities, and standards to ensure compliance and efficiency of own work.
• A good understanding of customer service principles, techniques and quality standards e.g. telephone etiquette, customer service standards, to provide effective telephone customer information and support services to customers.
• Knowledge of record-keeping or information storage procedures.
• A good understanding of medical terminology in order to appropriately provide client support.
• Advanced oral and written skills in English are required. Knowledge of other languages may be an asset.
• Analytical skills to determine information requested and appropriate response or referral from numerous options and to determine clients’ needs and advice on missing information in order to facilitate test completeness.
• Organizational skills to provide customer service and accuracy and in a timely manner and to work within a fluctuating, high-volume, fast-paced, pressure environment.
|Education and Experience
||• Must have 2 to 5 years of medical laboratory experience or attainment of a Medical Laboratory Assistant Certificate.
• Must be available to work a range of shifts during regular business hours and adhere to a dynamic contact centre work schedule including evening and week-end work as required.
||Part Time Regular