Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted.
If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Public Health Ontario (PHO) is a Crown corporation dedicated to protecting and promoting the health of all Ontarians and reducing inequities in health. As a hub organization, PHO links public health practitioners, front-line health workers and researchers to the best scientific intelligence and knowledge from around the world.
PHO provides expert scientific and technical support relating to infection prevention and control; surveillance and epidemiology; health promotion, chronic disease and injury prevention; environmental and occupational health; health emergency preparedness; and public health laboratory services to support health providers, the public health system and partner ministries in making informed decisions and taking informed action to improve the health and security of Ontarians.
For more information about PHO, visit www.oahpp.ca.
||Position Title: Administrative Assistant
Duration: Permanent Full-Time
Location: 480 University Avenue, Toronto
Compensation Group: OPSEU
Position Status: Open
Job Code: OAD 8 – Admin Assistant
Salary: $21.43 - 24.16 hourly
Hours of Work: 36.25 per week
Posting Date: November 5, 2012
Closing Date: November 20, 2012
The Administrative Assistant provides support to the Office of the General Counsel and Corporate Secretary (Legal Department), but will be required to assist with other departmental activities and staff when necessary.
The Administrative Assistant will also assist in various activities associated with the President’s Office.
||• Coordinates the flow of information and documents into the Legal Department and ensures urgent matters are brought to the attention of the General Counsel (GC) in a timely manner;
Organizes the GC’s email, incoming correspondence, files, action requests, etc.
• Maintains a bring forward system for the GC to ensure documents are prepared to meet client timelines.
• Makes arrangements for all meetings for the Legal Department including: determining priorities of appointments, booking meeting locations/rooms, prepares agendas, compiles and distributes related background materials as appropriate, makes arrangements for teleconferencing and videoconferencing as required.
• Processes travel forms and pcard statements for GC.
• Prepares legal documents such as agreements, letters, MOU, etc., for execution by the President and CEO.
• Maintains information tracking charts and databases using SharePoint for agreements, legal issues/legal matters, work requests, files, etc., and prepares monthly reports as required.
• Conducts searches in the database for legal matters/agreements.
• Organizes and maintains/updates legal library resources.
• Maintains and updates the department’s Landing Pages using SharePoint.
• Provides support to other staff within the department.
• Maintains the President and CEO office correspondence/for signature tracking system;
• Assists the President’s Office Manager in the preparation of Board materials, Board meeting logistics, etc.
• Supports the President and CEO when the President’s Office Manager is out of the office, on vacation, etc.
• Is a member of the Administrative Professionals Forum at PHO.
• Serves as back-up for Reception and takes on other duties and responsibilities, as required.
|Knowledge and Skills
||• Proficient with various computer systems and software programs including: database applications and management to enter, track, and update files, file management systems, to prepare reports, word processing, spreadsheet and presentation applications.
• Highly organized with an ability to determine priorities while performing a variety of different administrative responsibilities with conflicting deadlines, particularly to determine the importance and urgency of issues, and to respond effectively to fluctuating work load demands in a fast paced environment.
• Analytical ability sufficient to review incoming correspondence and information requests and refer issues to the appropriate staff member, to determine the nature of calls received from management/staff and external contacts and provide appropriate general information in a timely manner.
• Written communication skills to compile information for meetings, create correspondence and reports , prepare presentations.
• Interpersonal and oral communication skills to respond to staff/client inquiries and maintain effective linkages with all levels of contacts.
• Ability to accurately and efficiently produce materials, with attention to detail in order to review/proof read documents for accuracy and completeness.
• Knowledge of, and ability to apply administrative service principles, methods and practices to provide support to the business unit.
• Knowledge of the activities of the department as well as of the PHO mandate, services, priorities and procedures.
• Experience working in a legal office or department would be considered an asset.
|Education and Experience
||• Demonstrated administrative experience to provide support across multi-functional areas of the business unit.
• Preferably with at least three years of experience providing assistance at the Director/Manager level.
• Preference will be given to those who provided legal administrative support in a law office or legal department.
||Full Time Regular
||480 University Avenue