Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted.
If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Administrative Assistant, IPAC Planning and Operations Support
||Infection Prevention and Control
||Public Health Ontario (PHO) is a Crown corporation dedicated to protecting and promoting the health of all Ontarians and reducing inequities in health. As a hub organization, PHO links public health practitioners, front-line health workers and researchers to the best scientific intelligence and knowledge from around the world.
PHO provides expert scientific and technical support relating to infection prevention and control; surveillance and epidemiology; health promotion, chronic disease and injury prevention; environmental and occupational health; health emergency preparedness; and public health laboratory services to support health providers, the public health system and partner ministries in making informed decisions and taking informed action to improve the health and security of Ontarians.
For more information about PHO, visit http://www.publichealthontario.ca/en/Pages/default.aspx..
||Position Title: Administrative Assistant, Planning and Operations Support
Department: Infection Prevention and Control
Duration: Permanent Full-Time
Location: 480 University Avenue, Toronto
Compensation Group: OPSEU
Position Status: Open
Job Code: OAD 8 – Admin Assistant
Salary: $21.43 - $24.16 hourly
Hours of Work: 36.25 hours per week
Posting Date: September 30, 2013
Closing Date: October 15, 2013
The Administrative Assistant provides support to the Manager, IPAC Planning and Operations Support (IPAC-POS) and will be required to provide administrative and logistical support to the IPAC department on key IPAC planning initiatives, operational support activities and to the functions of the secretariat for the Provincial Infectious Diseases Advisory Committees (PIDAC).
||• Coordinates the flow of information and documents on all IPAC-POS-related matters into the business unit and ensures urgent matters are brought to the attention of the Manager or appropriate staff in a timely manner.
• Responds to incoming calls to the unit from private sector companies, health-care providers and occasionally the general public; provides basic responses based on own knowledge of the Agency mandate, services, priorities and procedures, or referring inquiries regarding information, documentation and assistance to other PHO staff; liaises with managers and staff throughout the organization to keep in touch with current activities.
• Prepares a variety of departmental documents, correspondence, reports, statistics and materials for Manager and committee members; provides general administrative financial support for the business unit including reviewing/consolidating Agency accounts data, checking/processing invoices including remuneration for committee members, P-card purchases and expense claims. Develops and maintains tracking systems for same.
• Makes arrangements for all meetings of PIDAC committees, Manager/staff in the business unit including: determining priorities of appointments, booking meeting locations/rooms, preparing agendas and minutes, compiling and distributing related background material as appropriate, tracking attendance, making arrangements for teleconferencing and videoconferencing as required, coordinating travel/accommodation requirements for out-of-town meetings/conferences and processing travel expenses as required.
• Acts as a resource for all PIDAC committee members on administrative matters related to their participation on committees.
• Provides assistance on projects related to the development and implementation of office administrative procedures, systems and practices within the Agency, with particular attention supporting the maintenance of collaborative workspaces for relevant staff and committee members.
• Establishes and maintains mechanisms for managing PIDAC-related matters.
• Serves as back-up for Reception and takes on other duties and responsibilities, as required .
|Knowledge and Skills
||• Proficient with various computer systems and software programs including: database management, word processing, spreadsheet and presentation applications.
• Highly organized with an ability to determine priorities while performing a variety of different administrative responsibilities with conflicting deadlines, particularly to determine the importance and urgency of issues, and to respond effectively to fluctuating work load demands in a fast paced environment.
• Analytical ability sufficient to review incoming correspondence and information requests and refer issues to the appropriate staff member, to determine the nature of calls received from management/staff and external contacts and provide appropriate general information in a timely manner.
• Written communication skills to prepare minutes for meetings, compile information for meetings, create correspondence and reports , prepare presentations.
• Interpersonal and oral communication skills to support positive relationship with committee members, respond to staff/client inquiries and maintain effective linkages with all levels of contacts.
• Ability to accurately and efficiently produce materials, with attention to detail in order to review/proof read documents for accuracy and completeness.
• Knowledge of, and ability to apply administrative service principles, methods and practices to provide support to the business unit.
• Knowledge of the activities of the unit as well as of the Agency mandate, services, priorities and procedures.
|Education and Experience
||• Demonstrated administrative experience to provide support across multi-functional areas of the business unit.
• A minimum of three years of experience providing assistance at the Manager/Director level.
||Full Time Regular
||480 University Avenue