Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted.
If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Manager, Quality Assurance and Customer Service
||Toronto Public Health Laboratory
||Public Health Ontario (PHO) is a Crown corporation dedicated to protecting and promoting the health of all Ontarians and reducing inequities in health. As a hub organization, OAHPP links public health practitioners, front-line health workers and researchers to the best scientific intelligence and knowledge from around the world.
PHO provides expert scientific and technical support relating to infection prevention and control; surveillance and epidemiology; health promotion, chronic disease and injury prevention; environmental and occupational health; health emergency preparedness; and public health laboratory services to support health providers, the public health system and partner ministries in making informed decisions and taking informed action to improve the health and security of Ontarians.
For more information about OAHPP, visit www.oahpp.ca.
||The Manager, Quality Assurance and Customer Service will provide leadership in the design and implementation of quality programs for quality control, quality assurance, quality improvement and risk management for the public health laboratory system. This position will provide an overall management of the Customer Service Centre, the centralized, one window to the Public Health Ontario Labs for all inquiries from across the Province.
||• Manages the development of operational and strategic plans, in conjunction with the Operations Director and the CLOO, ensuring standardized processes are developed, reviewed annually, maintained and followed in all PHOL locations;
• Ensures adherence to the portfolio annual operating plan consistent with corporate goals and supports the values and mission of the organization;
• Working collaboratively with the lab management team, ensures that all laboratory testing meets accreditation as set out by the Ontario Laboratory Accreditation (OLA) and Canadian Association for Laboratory Accreditation (CALA) and assists managers as necessary to complete annual licensing applications and manage risks;
• Organizes and leads the development and implementation of an evolving Customer Service Centre, responsible for receiving, responding to or redirecting all inquiries, complaints and issues from across the Province to the PHL; develops and monitors customer service standards, establishes and reports on performance metrics and ensures appropriate outreach to customers across the Province;
• Manages procurement of goods and services as required to fulfill the needs of the QAP and CSC departments;
• Maintains, coordinates and audits the comprehensive quality management system and ensures it is updated to meet industry best practices;
• Oversees risk management issues within PHOL including incident reporting and complaints;
• Leads projects which may be concurrent from concept to implementation including initiating and promoting new projects which will make the QAP and CSC more effective;
• Working collaboratively with the PHOL management team, ensures SOPs have been established and that they are kept updated as required;
• Develops performance measurement indicators and reviews the indicators regularly in order to maintain the desired level of efficiency and proficiency;
• Prepares and presents necessary information for monthly and quarterly reviews such as balanced score cards, cost centre monthly reports, annual management review documents;
• Provides facilitation to gather input from, and respond to the needs of clinical and scientific staff, Medical and Clinical microbiologists and PHOL Directors and managers to ensure portfolio objectives are aligned with PHOL and PHOL plans;
• Manages and direct staff, congruent with PHO internal policies and procedures, professional standards, collective agreement requirements and other relevant standards, legislation or regulations; assigning staff and implementing work/vacation schedules, setting clear responsibilities and objectives, evaluating performance, advising on training needs, participating in recruitment and selection of staff, dealing with disciplinary issues and responding to grievances in conjunction with PHO human resource programs;
• Liaises with Directors, management team and staff throughout the organization to keep apprised of their current activities, issues and priorities and to ensure that their needs have been met;
• Prepares and submits comprehensive strategies and plans, including priorities, budget, resources, reporting and accountability measures;
• Develops and maintains stakeholder relationships with internal and external partners to leverage knowledge of systems and technology;
• Keeps abreast of new technologies and medical guidelines to ensure that the PHO is providing relevant and medically sound test methods;
• Advises the CLOO and senior lab management team on issues related to quality/process improvement, risk and customer service.
|Knowledge and Skills
||• Leadership experience overseeing the organization of laboratory testing programs and organization of staff and resources;
• Skills in managing client and stakeholder relationships;
• Knowledge of the measurement of quality indicators and collection tools needed to ensure that the testing program is operating efficiently and effectively;
• Knowledge of the requirements to meet accreditation standards in order to meet OLA and CALA accreditation;
• Knowledge and experience in cross-functional project management methods and techniques;
• Knowledge of business intelligence technology, tools and methodologies (e.g. statistical methods and surveys) and how they can be deployed in a health care setting;
• Ability to understand and articulate business needs for information technology, and to design and implement systems with communications hardware and application technologies;
• Understanding of LEAN concepts;
• Knowledge of laboratory information systems;
• Experience managing a laboratory budget.
|Education and Experience
||• Requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in health related sciences, or related field;
• Formal college and/or university training in the field of Medical Microbiology and a practicing member in good standing with CMLTO;
• Five to 10 years of management experience.
||Full Time Regular
||81 Resources Road