Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted.
If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Public Health Ontario (PHO) is a Crown corporation dedicated to protecting and promoting the health of all Ontarians and reducing inequities in health. As a hub organization, OAHPP links public health practitioners, front-line health workers and researchers to the best scientific intelligence and knowledge from around the world.
PHO provides expert scientific and technical support relating to infection prevention and control; surveillance and epidemiology; health promotion, chronic disease and injury prevention; environmental and occupational health; health emergency preparedness; and public health laboratory services to support health providers, the public health system and partner ministries in making informed decisions and taking informed action to improve the health and security of Ontarians.
For more information about OAHPP, visit www.oahpp.ca.
||Position Title: Production Coordinator
Department: Public Affairs
Duration: Temporary Full-time (12 month contract)
Location: 480 University Avenue
Compensation Group: AMAPCEO
Job Code: 14AGA - General Administration
Salary: $49,811 - $60,721
Position Status: Open
Hours of Work: 36.25 hours per week
Posting Date: January 15, 2013
Closing Date: January 29, 2013
Reporting to the Chief Public Affairs Officer, the Production Coordinator coordinates the planning, development and implementation of the production and distribution of PHO’s publication and communication materials for a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
||• Supports the coordination of the planning, development and implementation for the design, publication and distribution of a variety of products such as: Annual Report, PHO Connections, In the Know @PHO, PHO corporate and knowledge products.
• Creates and maintains a comprehensive database of publication products including: Calendar of PHO products and upcoming/past publication list, expenditure tracking, and production plan
• Creates and monitors detailed critical path documents to ensure that production milestones are met and according to plan.
• Tracks steps in production cycle, identifies and works with departments to mitigate risks.
• Prepares and disseminates monthly and quarterly online and hardcopy reports.
• Manages and tracks notification processes to MOHLTC (e.g., assists in preparation of notices, engages with communications & research departments, authors, and CPAO, track due dates and publication dates).
• Coordinates creative design services and production with communications team, authors, vendors and tracks activities related to PHO-wide creative services procurement, working with departments and vendor.
• Supports the dissemination of PHO corporate and knowledge products(e.g., distribution lists, subscribers).
• Assists with media planning, tracking and monitoring as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
|Knowledge and Skills
||• Strong project management, problem solving, organizational and prioritizing skills to plan, coordinate, and execute many publication and communication materials.
• Focused planning and organizational skills to independently undertake the planning and execution of several activities concurrently.
• Strong analytical and conceptual abilities to manage the processes from development through to implementation.
• Knowledge of PHO’s budget management and reporting requirements/procedures in order to develop and prepare budgets, to track and maintain a record of all related expenditures, and to ensure that budgets are adhered to, and managed effectively.
• Knowledge of PHO’s business planning policies, standards, protocols, and procedures for procurement in order to draft RFPs, business cases and other required documents for securing vendors.
• Good skills in the use of various office computer systems and software programs (e.g., MS Office suite) including: project management MS Project, Visio, word processing, spreadsheet and presentation applications, familiarity with SharePoint.
|Education and Experience
||• A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Marketing, Business Administration, Communications, Publishing or related education.
• Minimum of two to five years of experience in managing/coordinating production and distribution of publications and/or communications.