Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted.
If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Administrative Assistant, Events
||Public Health Ontario (PHO) is a Crown corporation dedicated to protecting and promoting the health of all Ontarians and reducing inequities in health. As a hub organization, PHO links public health practitioners, front-line health workers and researchers to the best scientific intelligence and knowledge from around the world.
PHO provides expert scientific and technical support relating to infection prevention and control; surveillance and epidemiology; health promotion, chronic disease and injury prevention; environmental and occupational health; health emergency preparedness; and public health laboratory services to support health providers, the public health system and partner ministries in making informed decisions and taking informed action to improve the health and security of Ontarians.
For more information about PHO, visit www.oahpp.ca.
||Position Title: Administrative Assistant, Events
Department: Knowledge Services
Duration: Permanent Full-Time
Location: 480 University Avenue, Toronto
Compensation Group: OPSEU
Position Status: Open
Job Code: OAD 8 – Admin Assistant
Salary: $21.43 - $24.16 hourly
Hours of Work: 36.25 per week
Posting Date: July 29, 2013
Closing Date: August 13, 2013
The Administrative Assistant, Events provides administrative support to the events coordinator in the delivery of the Ontario Public Health Convention (TOPHC) and other professional development and educational events.
||• Provides the administrative work related to the day-to-day operations of the Knowledge Services’ events team which include events logistics and operations, communications, speaker liaison, event registration, website updates, and sponsorship activities.
• Supports the speaker management functions including liaising with speakers, communicating with speakers and presenters, making travel arrangements for external speakers, managing related event materials and speaker requirements,
• Supports the Events Coordinator with making arrangements and provides administrative support for all meetings related to TOPHC’s program and steering committee: coordinates schedules, determining priorities of appointments, booking meeting locations/rooms, preparing agendas, compiling and distributing related background material as appropriate, making arrangements for teleconferencing and videoconferencing as required, catering, coordinating travel/accommodation requirements for out-of-town meetings/conferences and processing travel expenses as required.
• Performs administrative duties involved with TOPHC; consists of, but not limited to, drafting standard correspondence, mail merges, managing the various TOPHC emails accounts, preparing reports, data entry, event mailings, delivering TOPHC customer service and event supply inventory.
• Responds to incoming calls to the unit external stakeholders; provides customer service for the unit and responses based on own knowledge of the Knowledge Services’ activities or referring inquiries regarding information, documentation and assistance to other PHO staff; liaises with management and staff throughout PHO to be knowledgeable about current PHD activities.
• Generates and edits documents (including confidential material), correspondence, presentations, reports, statistics and materials for the events team; provides general administrative financial support including reviewing the budget and accounts data, generating financial reports, checking/processing invoices, P-card purchases, expense claims and providing regular financial updates and spreadsheet analysis; manages meeting arrangements including invitation of guests, and ensures coordination and distribution of minutes to appropriate staff.
• Provides assistance on projects related to the development and implementation of office administrative procedures, systems and practices within PHO; contributes to the operation of the team and group as a whole, suggesting areas for improvement and possible solutions on internal processes; takes on other duties and responsibilities (e.g. minute taking at meetings), as required.
• Provide on-site event support during the annual TOPHC convention (normally held the first week in April).
• Serves as back-up for reception and takes on other duties and responsibilities, as required .
|Knowledge and Skills
||• Advanced level proficiency with various computer systems and software programs (MS Office) including: Word, Excel, Access, SharePoint and software for abstract and speaker management and convention registration.
• Knowledge of and ability to apply administrative service principles, methods and practices to provide support to the business unit.
• Experience organizing, planning and promoting special events.
|Education and Experience
||• At least two years of administrative experience supporting a manager/director.
• Highly organized with an ability to determine, delegate and assign task priorities while performing a variety of different administrative responsibilities with conflicting deadlines, particularly to determine the importance and urgency of issues, and to respond effectively to fluctuating work load demands in a fast paced environment.
||Full Time Regular
||480 University Avenue