Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted.
If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Administrative Assistant, Communications
||Public Health Ontario ("PHO") is a Crown corporation dedicated to protecting and promoting the health of all Ontarians and reducing inequities in health. As a hub organization, PHO links public health practitioners, front-line health workers and researchers to the best scientific intelligence and knowledge from around the world.
PHO provides expert scientific and technical support relating to infection prevention and control; surveillance and epidemiology; health promotion, chronic disease and injury prevention; environmental and occupational health; health emergency preparedness; and public health laboratory services to support health providers, the public health system and partner ministries in making informed decisions and taking informed action to improve the health and security of Ontarians.
For more information about PHO, visit www.oahpp.ca.
||Position Title: Administrative Assistant
Duration: Permanent Full-Time
Location: 480 University Avenue, Toronto
Compensation Group: OPSEU
Classification: Admin Assistant - 0AD 8
Salary: $21.43 to $24.16 per hour
Position Status: Open
Hours of Work: 36.25 per week
The Administrative Assistant provides support to the Director, Communications. The Administrative Assistant also supports the communications team by managing on-going processes and projects.
||• Makes arrangements for meetings of Director/staff in the business unit including: determining priorities of appointments, booking meeting locations/rooms, preparing agendas, compiling and distributing related background material as appropriate, making arrangements for teleconferencing and videoconferencing as required, coordinating travel/accommodation requirements for out-of-town meetings/conferences and processing travel expenses as required.
• Responds to incoming calls to the unit from senior government officials (all levels), private sector companies, health-care providers and occasionally the general public; provides basic responses based on own knowledge of the PHO mandate, services, priorities and procedures, or referring inquiries regarding information, documentation and assistance to other PHO staff; liaises with managers and staff throughout the PHO to keep in touch with current activities.
• Prepares a variety of departmental documents, correspondence, reports, statistics and materials for Director and staff.
• Provides general financial support for the business unit including reviewing/consolidating Agency accounts data, checking/processing invoices, P-card purchases and expense claims; Provides assistance on projects related to the development and implementation of office administrative procedures, policies, systems and practices within the Agency.
• Serves as reception relief and takes on other duties and responsibilities, as required.
• Manages the communications component of the Stakeholder Relations Management (SRM) database to ensure accuracy of data and that communications are distributed to the targeted stakeholder groups in a timely fashion; organizes and manages communications campaigns and contact lists in SRM.
• Manages the communications intranet site ensuring documents are up to date and the appropriate communications policies, documents, templates and toolkits are easily accessible by PHO staff across the organization.
• Coordinates PHO-wide adherence to graphic standard guidelines and assists internal clients with the production of brand appropriate business and collateral material.
• Keeps project-specific communications plans up to date and monitors timelines and milestones.
• Oversees distribution of electronic and print communications material to internal and external audiences.
• Monitors inventory of communications products.
|Knowledge and Skills
||• A high degree of familiarity with complex databases, preferably with the CRM system.
• Proficient with intranet systems, preferably SharePoint.
• Proficient with various computer systems and software programs including: database management, word processing, spreadsheet and presentation applications.
• Proficient project management skills.
• Highly organized with a good eye for detail.
• An ability to determine priorities while performing a variety of different administrative responsibilities with conflicting deadlines, particularly to determine the importance and urgency of issues, and to respond effectively to fluctuating work load demands in a fast paced environment.
• Analytical ability sufficient to review incoming correspondence and information requests and refer issues to the appropriate staff member, to determine the nature of calls received from management/staff and external contacts and provides appropriate general information in a timely manner.
• Strong written communication skills to compile information for meetings, create correspondence and reports, prepare presentations.
• Interpersonal and oral communication skills to respond to staff/client inquiries and maintain effective linkages with all levels of contacts.
• Ability to accurately and efficiently produce materials, with attention to detail in order to review/proof read documents for accuracy and completeness.
• Knowledge of and ability to apply administrative service principles, methods and practices to provide support to the business unit.
• Knowledge of the activities of the unit as well as of the PHO mandate, services, priorities and procedures.
|Education and Experience
||• Demonstrated administrative experience to provide support across multi-functional areas of the business unit, preferably.
• At least three years of experience providing assistance at the Director/Manager level.
• Experience working in a communications or public relations environment will be considered an asset.
||Full Time Regular
||480 University Avenue