Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted.
If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Public Health Ontario (“PHO”) is Crown Corporation dedicated to protecting and promoting the health of all Ontarians and reducing inequities in health. As a hub organization, PHO links public health practitioners, front-line health workers and researchers to the best scientific intelligence and knowledge from around the world.
PHO provides expert scientific and technical support relating to infection prevention and control; surveillance and epidemiology; health promotion, chronic disease and injury prevention; environmental and occupational health; health emergency preparedness; and public health laboratory services to support health providers, the public health system and partner ministries in making informed decisions and taking informed action to improve the health and security of Ontarians.
Further information is available at www.oahpp.ca.
||Position Title: Evaluation Specialist
Department: Knowledge Services
Duration: Full-time Regular
Location: 480 University Avenue, Toronto
Compensation Group: AMAPCEO
Position Status: Open
Job Code: 18APA - Program Analysis
Salary: $63,553 - $79,211
Hours of Work: 36.25 hours per week
Posting Date: July 9, 2013
Closing Date: July 23, 2013
To establish an evaluation framework for the SRKE (Supporting Research and Knowledge Exchange), to include developing, maintaining and supporting evaluation plans for initiatives that support health units to address applied research, program evaluation, education and professional development, and knowledge exchange functions. To support the continuous quality improvement of the SRKE program.
||• Developing, in conjunction with the Director, Managers, and other department team members, an overall evaluation framework for the SRKE Program.
• Developing evaluation plans for initiatives and overseeing the implementation of these plans
• Developing conceptual models including program logic models, frameworks, consultation papers and other support materials to facilitate effective evaluation processes.
• Developing (or assisting in the development) of high quality evaluation tools and measures (for example: questionnaires, focus group protocols, process and outcome indicators).
• Oversee the procurement of evaluation services as needed; including the development of business cases, requests for proposals and supervising external consultants hired to evaluate SRKE initiatives.
• Advising Knowledge Services staff on the integration of evaluative components in the planning stages of projects and initiatives by for example designing and executing evaluability assessments.
• To advise Knowledge Services staff on the integration of evaluation results into existing projects and initiatives to support continuous quality improvement of our SRKE services by for example presenting results and recommendations to the SRKE Advisory committee.
• Ensuring the development of high quality approaches to evaluation data collection and analysis (e.g., quantitative, qualitative and mixed research methodologies, instrument development, scripts etc.) including both electronic and other modes.
• Contributing to knowledge generation, synthesis and evaluation activities in prioritized areas within SRKE.
• Contributing as author, co-author or contributor to technical reports and peer-reviewed scholarly papers.
• Advising on the development of performance indicators.
• Developing and maintaining collaborative working relationships within PHO and their external partners, most notably public health units and the SRKE advisory committee.
• Contributing to PHO-wide evaluation processes; representing PHO and promoting its mandate and strategic initiatives through active participation on relevant committees, presentations, attendance at conferences and other activities;
• Perform other duties as assigned.
|Knowledge and Skills
||• Experience working in a matrix management structure and within cross disciplinary teams;
• Expertise in the design and application of quantitative and qualitative evaluation methods (including instrument development, data collection, analysis and report writing).
• Excellent consultation and problem solving skills to promote PHO mandate and strategic initiatives through participation on advisory committees and at conferences;
• Strong interpersonal, teamwork and relationship building skills to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with all partners.
• Ability to work under pressure and respond to deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
• Strong analytical and conceptual abilities to develop ideas from inception through to implementation.
• Skills in literature searches, reviews, critical appraisal and syntheses.
• Project management, research, and analytical skills to provide advice and support to evaluations of key SRKE initiatives.
• Experience supervising and mentoring students and trainees, and coordinating student placements.
• Proficient with various computer systems and software programs, including data management (MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SPSS, Project 2003) and familiarity with SharePoint.
|Education and Experience
||• Master’s Degree in public health, evaluation, social sciences or related discipline and/or combined relevant experience.
• Five to 10 years of progressive evaluation experience at a provincial agency, public health unit and/or ministry preferably related to public health programs or services, (including direct experience with conducting formative, process and outcome evaluations).
• Credentialed Evaluator status with the Canadian Evaluation Society (or ability to meet all eligibility requirements for Credentialed Evaluator status).
||480 University Avenue