Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted.
If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Administrative Support Clerk
||Toronto Public Health Laboratory
||Public Health Ontario ("PHO" / "Agency") is a Crown corporation dedicated to protecting and promoting the health of all Ontarians and reducing inequities in health. As a hub organization, PHO links public health practitioners, front-line health workers and researchers to the best scientific intelligence and knowledge from around the world.
PHO provides expert scientific and technical support relating to infection prevention and control; surveillance and epidemiology; health promotion, chronic disease and injury prevention; environmental and occupational health; health emergency preparedness; and public health laboratory services to support health providers, the public health system and partner ministries in making informed decisions and taking informed action to improve the health and security of Ontarians.
For more information about PHO, visit www.oahpp.ca.
||Position Title: Administrative Support Clerk
Department: Toronto Public Health Laboratory
Location: 81 Resources Road, Etobicoke
Bargaining Unit Status: OPSEU
Posting Status: Internal – OPEN TO PHO EMPLOYEES
Job Code: OAD 03
Salary: $18.84 - $21.08 per hour
To provide office support services for the pre-analytical laboratories and handle the scanning of requisitions into the Laboratory Information System (LIS) including delivery of samples and requisitions to various internal testing laboratories.
||• Retrieves hard copy requisitions from specimen handling area, reviews requisitions for priority and codes and scans all requisitions and labels all scan reports.
• Performs routine troubleshooting and maintenance of the scanner and informs supervisor of potential problems with scanner or requisitions.
• Re-scans and retrieves requisitions from storage files.
• Assists specimen handling with delivery of STAT specimens to other testing laboratories within the building, as required.
• Batches and files requisitions.
• Assists in preparing outgoing mail, arranging courier services, as required.
• Maintains office supplies, checks inventory to identify need for replenishment.
• Drafts procedures for scanning and maintenance of scanner and provides training on the use of scanner to staff providing back up scanning services.
• Performs other duties as required.
|Knowledge and Skills
||• Knowledge and skill in the use of basic office equipment such as faxes, photocopiers, scanners and computers.
• Knowledge of office procedures to provide support for the scanning of requisitions.
• Knowledge of the use of computer systems including Microsoft Windows Operating Systems to access LIS for the scanning of requisitions, to upload new versions of software as available in consultation with ITS, to identify problems, and to input and verify data.
• Knowledge of office procedures, and relevant reference materials, i.e. telephone directories or lists, staff lists and locations, mailing lists, in order to assist with various clerical tasks.
||81 Resources Road