Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted.
If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Customer Service Supervisor
||Toronto Public Health Laboratory
||Public Health Ontario (PHO) is a Crown corporation dedicated to protecting and promoting the health of all Ontarians and reducing inequities in health. As a hub organization, OAHPP links public health practitioners, front-line health workers and researchers to the best scientific intelligence and knowledge from around the world.
PHO provides expert scientific and technical support relating to infection prevention and control; surveillance and epidemiology; health promotion, chronic disease and injury prevention; environmental and occupational health; health emergency preparedness; and public health laboratory services to support health providers, the public health system and partner ministries in making informed decisions and taking informed action to improve the health and security of Ontarians. For more information about OAHPP, visit www.oahpp.ca.
||Position Title: Customer Service Supervisor
Department: Toronto Public Health Laboratory
Hours: 36.25 hours per week
Location: 81 Resources Road, Etobicoke
Compensation Group: OPSEU
Position Status: Internal – Open to PHO employees
Job Code: Medical Laboratory Tech 4
Salary: $32. 65 – $39.31 per hour
Posting Date: October 22, 2012
Closing Date: November 5, 2012
The Customer Service Supervisor provides team leadership and supervision of the customer service staff and provides direction to achieve service objectives along with co-coordinating and supervising the Customer Service Centre.
||• Provide technical and administrative supervision to Customer Service Centre staff including preparing work schedules, assigning and monitoring the work of staff, dealing with work quality problems, providing technical guidance and training
• Organize and oversee the activities of the Customer Service Centre by ensuring the highest quality of service is delivered to internal/external stakeholders
• Oversee the preparation, updating and implementation of customer service policies and procedures
• Maintain cost effective operations by providing assistance with budget allocations and expenditures and preparing regular reports on customer service performance
• Organize and present stakeholder educational activities (e.g. Open houses, symposiums, workshops, presentations /demonstrations on and off site, etc.) Develop educational resources and training materials
• Initiate and conduct projects to assess new/improved methods or techniques to enhance the operations of the Customer Service Centre and supervise the implementation of new procedures.
• Provide Clients/Stakeholders with information on laboratory testing with updates and/or changes to testing protocols as per Medical and Scientific Support staff with the assistance of Laboratory Resource Technologists
• Provide and/or facilitate access to consultative services for physicians, hospital and private laboratory staff, Medical Officers of Health and other Health Unit staff, Public Health Inspectors, and regional laboratories (as appropriate). Identifying matters of potential public health importance
• Present or delegate to a member of the customer service centre team, demonstrations/lectures at seminars/workshops for stakeholders, customer service staff, branch staff, visiting professionals, hospitals, academic health sciences, as requested and acting as a technical resource to other laboratory staff in the area of customer service
|Knowledge and Skills
||• Broad knowledge of medical laboratory testing in clinical areas and knowledge of relevant laboratory diagnostic methods and procedures to provide guidance and consultation to staff, physicians, private laboratories and other health care professionals
• Knowledge of computer applications used for clinical diagnostic testing and processing technical data; as well as knowledge of Microsoft Office. Comprehensive knowledge of Ontario’s privacy regulations for personal health information act (PHIPA) and general knowledge of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA)
• Knowledge of group leadership techniques to control workflow, monitor work quality and provide guidance to staff
• Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations that apply to the work, and knowledge of any potential or actual danger to health or safety in the workplace to ensure compliance when performing group leadership responsibilities
• Strong attention to detail, organizational skills which include the ability to prioritize
• Analytical and evaluative skills in order to monitor program, perform evaluations, analyze results and reach logical conclusions
• Experience with understanding external customers’ needs and the ability to translate these requirements/needs into broader opportunities
|Education and Experience
||• Must be an active member of College of Medical Technologists of Ontario (CMLTO) with at least 5 years of relevant laboratory experience with a general CMLT designation
• Education and training normally acquired through the completion of a bachelor of science degree or advanced medical laboratory technologist registration (e.g. RT) would be an asset
• 3 to 5 years of experience working with a customer-service driven and/or call centre environment within a laboratory setting
||Full Time Regular