Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted.
If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Program Coordinator, Just Clean Your Hands Program (12 month contract)
||Infection Prevention and Control
||Public Health Ontario (“PHO”) is Crown Corporation dedicated to protecting and promoting the health of all Ontarians and reducing inequities in health. As a hub organization, PHO links public health practitioners, front-line health workers and researchers to the best scientific intelligence and knowledge from around the world.
PHO provides expert scientific and technical support relating to infection prevention and control; surveillance and epidemiology; health promotion, chronic disease and injury prevention; environmental and occupational health; health emergency preparedness; and public health laboratory services to support health providers, the public health system and partner ministries in making informed decisions and taking informed action to improve the health and security of Ontarians.
Further information is available at www.oahpp.ca.
||Position Title: Program Coordinator, Just Clean Your Hands Program
Department: Infection Prevention and Control (IPAC)
Duration: Full-time Temporary - 12 months
Location: 480 University Avenue, Toronto
Compensation Group: AMAPCEO
Position Status: Open
Job Code: 18PGS - General Scientific
Salary: $68,182 - $84,294
Hours of Work: 36.25 hours per week
Posting Date: January 15, 2013
Closing Date: January 29, 2013
To manage the development and delivery of Provincial IPAC Programs as identified by the Director or Manager and to provide operational oversight of all program development and implementation responsibilities including fiscal and human resource accountabilities. Collaborate with management, team members and stakeholders (internal and external to PHO).
||• Lead in formulating and developing specific programs in consultation with management, team members and stakeholders (internal and external to PHO).
• Uses project management methodologies to manage all aspects of the programs, such as budget 4.3 million provincial programs - Just Clean Your Hands), program resourcing, project charters, critical paths and milestones, work schedules, roles and responsibility charts etc. This includes identifying key outcomes and deliverables, ensuring all expenditures are approved and authorized within financial delegations, and developing an evaluation plan which may include both process as well as outcome evaluation and which engages the stakeholders involved with the project.
• Ensures that all programs adhere to PHO policies and provincial directives, and proactively identifies problems including developing risk mitigation strategies, by bringing these issues and recommendations for resolution to the attention of the Manager.
• Oversight responsibility of Advisory Committee, Ad hoc groups and liaises with external and internal stakeholders.
• Manage the flow of information to stakeholders to provide updates on program progress as relevant.
• Oversee the design, development and implementation of tools to support stakeholders after program launch
• Develops written material including commentaries, reports and summaries of recommendations arising from relevant literature reviews and creating background materials suitable for inclusion in policy briefs, technical reports, background documents, FAQs and correspondence.
• Represents PHO and promotes its mandate and strategic initiatives through presentations, attendance at conferences and other activities.
• Works with PHO partners in Communications, IT, Legal and other program and support areas as required to achieve program goals.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
|Knowledge and Skills
||• Knowledge of project management methodologies and techniques to coordinate all aspects of the projects from inception to implementation/completion/evaluation, such as project charters, critical paths and milestones, work schedules, roles and responsibility charts, etc..
• Understanding of Canadian public health and institutional healthcare systems in order to know where to find information sources, such as when undertaking jurisdictional scans and evaluative surveys.
• Understanding of literature review process in order to coordinate and provide logistical support for project activities.
• Interpersonal, leadership, teamwork and relationship building skills are required in order to maintain effective linkages with all levels of contacts both internal and external to PHO in order to accomplish goals and objectives of assigned projects.
• Skill and ability to develop proposals, reports, and presentations.
• Problem-solving skills and negotiation skills to ensure that projects are completed on time.
• Organizational, time management, and priority-setting skills in order to organize and coordinate multiple projects.
• Skill and ability to work independently, under pressure and respond to deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
• Proficiency with office computer systems (e.g., database management, word processing, spreadsheet and presentation applications, and SharePoint).
|Education and Experience
||• Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Health Administration or related discipline.
• Project Management Professional Certification or working towards certification would be considered an asset.
• Five to 10 years of experience managing projects in a health related organization in order to contribute to the management and coordination of projects across multi-functional areas of Public Health Ontario.
||480 University Avenue