Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||We are a Canadian telecommunications company providing professional and technical services necessary for engineering, designing, building and commissioning wireless and wireline telecom networks.
||We are currently looking to fill 2 positions in the Markham area.
||• Assess local plant requirements in terms of future growth in the area
• Investigate existing local plant conditions, accessing a variety of records, checking with various government offices such as Ministry of transport for OR and QR for existing records.
• Examine facilities in manholes to verify duct occupancy, splices or congestions.
• Create rough work sketch of what is required, e.g.: type of plant, future growth, safety hazards
• Conduct all fieldwork necessary to determine the most effective, cost efficient plant to install
• Prepared plans and forms for Design and Draw in order to package the ROW ready for Bell team
• Negotiate construction details with customer (back board , private conduit.)
• Identify pole heights and protection requirements according to site location and standards
• Visually check for illegal attachments and verify permits
• Monitor for developing safety hazards or defective plant
• Partner with team members and outside contacts to meet customer services needs
• Have extensive knowledge of Bell's outside plant equipment and security standards.
• Ability in interpreting splicing diagrams and building blueprints.
• Ability in drawing rough diagrams that can be clearly understood by others.
• Able to work in isolation, all weather conditions, confined spaces, exposed to dirt.
• Frequently walking and climbing often carrying materials such as clip boards and measuring wheels
College Degree in Engineering technology or equivalent qualifications
From 1 to 3 years relevant experience in Telecom
Computer literacy in MS Office
Good knowledge of NP&P design and NetworkX an asset
Ability in presenting information in person, over the telephone, and in writing.
Must possess a driver's license
Good communication skills
Proven organizational and interpersonal skills
Able to operate effectively in a fast-paced and highly energetic environment
Reliable and capable of evaluating workload and obtaining cooperation of team
Capable of working under pressure, sense of urgency